Pattern Detection

Novak

Since some people don't understand how pattern detection works, I am going to try to explain it as simple as possible.

Patterns are created with bots when they do the same thing over and over.  Lets say for instance we are woodcutting.  You start cutting the tree.  When the tree is no longer available, the script switches to the next tree.  And it keeps doing this.  Over and over and over.  This creates a pattern that we are switching the tree right when it falls down.  

Now how can we combat this?  Well the first and most simple answer to come up would be "lets sleep for a random time AFTER the tree no longer exists."  So now instead of instantly switching to the next tree, we sleep for a random time, lets say 1-5 seconds.  So every time we cut a tree, we now sleep for 1-5 seconds (also keep in mind, there is no true randomization of numbers in coding).  This still creates a pattern.  Right when the tree falls down, the player sleeps for the same allotted time (1-5 seconds), and then continues cutting.  

Another option would be to create a random time based on the users RSN.  Get a hash of their rsn, and create a random time to sleep for each person.  Is this effective?  No, your character will still be sleeping for an allotted time after an event happens.  I have tested this method extensively over multiple accounts over multiple months and have had the same results as having no sleep at all.

We can understand how a pattern is created better by looking at it like a heat map.  So if there is no sleep, we get a red zone every time a tree falls, because it triggers the next event (cutting another tree).  If we sleep for a random time, we still get a red zone between those allotted seconds and it still creates a pattern.  

I hope i have educated some people on how patterns work and how they can get you banned.

Edited by Novak
  • Like 2

Every bot has some kind of pattern, but also each botclient has a certain pattern wink.png

Solutions for prevent patterns being made:

- Each time the script restarts set everything random, (Mouse speed, waiting times, interactions speeds, ...)

- Each player should have it's own way to do things (speed, accuracy of clicking, reaction speed)

A computer can actually generate random numbers without any pattern, random numbers are calculated out of current events ...

Example : radioactive decay of an atom (Which you can't know for sure at a random time)

but it is still a computer and the random numbers are calculated, compared to a human which will just name the first unmber he comes up with.

What I think of accounts getting banned:

- Client detection

- Minor issues in scripts/clients (getting stuck, mouse freaking out, very strange behaviour on mouse movements)

I think the patterns are not the best way for jagex to check bots.

I ran an autoclicker to alch stuff (clicks on same position) for 24 hours.

Didn't get banned after 24 hours of clicking the same pixel over and over... 

If we only would know how jagex detect bots ... QwPha8E.png

Khaleesi

Edited by Khaleesi

Every bot has some kind of pattern, but also each botclient has a certain pattern wink.png

Solutions for prevent patterns being made:

- Each time the script restarts set everything random, (Mouse speed, waiting times, interactions speeds, ...)

- Each player should have it's own way to do things (speed, accuracy of clicking, reaction speed)

A computer can actually generate random numbers without any pattern, random numbers are calculated out of current events ...

Example : radioactive decay of an atom (Which you can't know for sure at a random time)

but it is still a computer and the random numbers are calculated, compared to a human which will just name the first unmber he comes up with.

What I think of accounts getting banned:

- Client detection

- Minor issues in scripts/clients (getting stuck, mouse freaking out, very strange behaviour on mouse movements)

I think the patterns are not the best way for jagex to check bots.

I ran an autoclicker to alch stuff (clicks on same position) for 24 hours.

Didn't get banned after 24 hours of clicking the same pixel over and over... 

If we only would know how jagex detect bots ... QwPha8E.png

Khaleesi

1. randomizing mouse speed is a bad idea.  nobody changes their mouse sensitivity between when they actually play, leading to being flagged IMO

2. see the hashing i talked about in the OP.  it yielded the same results as not having it

3. yes, clients are being detected

4. yes, bugs and getting stuck will get you banned (more than patterns i would agree)

5. many legit players use NUMKEYS as their mouse 1 button and don't actually move their mouse, so you clicking the same pixel would not result in a ban without more evidence

I do not think Jagex can check our mouse speed, however I do think they can check how often we interact with specefic items.

I know that Czar has alot of anti-pattern method in his (Fresh Crawler) Script atleast, and I can really tell that his anti-pattern methods are working perfectly. I've been using his scripts for weeks, still no bans botting 24/7.

Edited by prograzzy

1. randomizing mouse speed is a bad idea.  nobody changes their mouse sensitivity between when they actually play, leading to being flagged IMO

2. see the hashing i talked about in the OP.  it yielded the same results as not having it

3. yes, clients are being detected

4. yes, bugs and getting stuck will get you banned (more than patterns i would agree)

5. many legit players use NUMKEYS as their mouse 1 button and don't actually move their mouse, so you clicking the same pixel would not result in a ban without more evidence

1) Actually you change mouse speed and reaction time the longer you play... I don't agree on that one

2) Indeed

5) So actually moving the camera while clicking on 1 pixel would you get banned ... xD

I still think flaws and strange mouse movements/interactions are the main reason people get banned.

If client is not detected.

We should torture jagex to get more info!

1) Actually you change mouse speed and reaction time the longer you play... I don't agree on that one

2) Indeed

5) So actually moving the camera while clicking on 1 pixel would you get banned ... xD

I still think flaws and strange mouse movements/interactions are the main reason people get banned.

If client is not detected.

We should torture jagex to get more info!

mouse fatigue is something that i haven't tested, but i would put money on it that it would only delay the ban slightly (if anything at all)