OSBot 1 Scripts Discontinued

Alek

With the release of OSBot 2 over 11 months ago, we have been working hard to assist customers in providing them with 30-day free script trials of their OSBot 1 scripts which were created for OSBot 2.

Q: I paid for the script, why can't we just get the OSBot 2 version?

A: There was no simple "port", meaning that scripters had to RE-WRITE the ENTIRE script. It's essentially a brand new script and therefore scripters did this out of a nicety. 

Q: I can't believe OSBot did this to me! How can I trust you guys won't do this again?

A: The switch to OSBot 2 was a necessity and the original developers never truly expected for the original OSBot to grow as it did. In order for OSBot to scale to the point where it is today, the second version was a must.

Q: I still don't understand why I can't use OSBot 1 scripts with OSBot 2, please explain?

A: Consider the OSBot 1 to OSBot 2 transition similar to upgrading Windows from Windows 98 to Windows 7. A majority of the software (scripts) for Windows 98 (OSBot 1) would be incompatible with Windows 7 (OSBot 2). We weren't going to continue developing a client that needed more than a few patches, it needed the re-work. Software is supposed to develop and improve over time. If everyone wants to pay for software once and never be expected to re-purchase it, then we would still be living in a time of Netscape and AOL Instant Messenger.

Q: Please stop lying, we all know OSBot 2 was released 3 months ago!

A: The OSBot 2 release:

7691dcc38172667a4c2610336354677f.png

We have provided more than ample time for customers to redeem their 30-day free script trial. Doing these free trials requires a fair amount of time, time which could be better utilized improving OSBot 2. We will no longer be authorizing these trials! Thanks for your time and understanding.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...