Can you get refunds for deleted scripts?

biucup

I bought and used a script a few months ago, quit RS and came back to find that the script is no longer on the website though it is in my purchase history. Is there any way I can get a refund as I assume the script has been deleted.

The answer will most likely be no, but you'll have to get a definite answer from @Maldesto.

When you say a few months ago, did you mean close to half a year ago?

Yeah, definitely more than a few months actually. 

If that is the case, the answer is no. The script you bought was for OSBot 1, which has been discontinued. All the current scripts are for OSBot 2. You can read more about it here: http://osbot.org/forum/topic/60660-osbot-1-scripts-and-osbot-legacy-api/

I'm sure you got your money's worth :)

I owned an iPhone 1, but they stopped selling them. If I asked for a refund because it was no longer in production, I'm sure i'd get some confused faces xD.

But in terms of the script, It must have been for the old client (OSBot 1). OSBot 2 was released earlier this year which featured major improvements to the bot - this did however make all the old scripts mostly disfunctional. Alot of the scripters were inactive / moved on after it's release as they weren't prepared to update their scripts (basically re-write them) for the new client.

Apaec

I'm sure you got your money's worth smile.png

I owned an iPhone 1, but they stopped selling them. If I asked for a refund because it was no longer in production, I'm sure i'd get some confused faces xD.

But in terms of the script, It must have been for the old client (OSBot 1). OSBot 2 was released earlier this year which featured major improvements to the bot - this did however make all the old scripts mostly disfunctional. Alot of the scripters were inactive / moved on after it's release as they weren't prepared to update their scripts (basically re-write them) for the new client.

Apaec

The only problem with your analogy is that your iPhone 1 doesn't disappear out of your hand when it goes out of production.

Thanks for the reply.

• Like 1

Unfortunately you won't be eligible for any type of refunds. Since you left OSBot has gone under a transition to a new engine, this meant that the old products were ceased (OSBot holds the right to terminate any of the services provided when it sees fit without any obligation to the client; viewable in the Terms of Service). The new engine resulted in a new product being released, this meant that all purchases are to be re-made, however in the event that a script was transferred from OSBot 1 to OSBot 2, you are eligible for a free trial by contacting the SDN manager.

As of the moment there is no SDN manager (still being decided on) however once there has been an announcement on it, you will be able to contact them for the 30-day trials.

Hope that solves the situation ^_^