Chatbox // What are your suggestions

Oliver

This idea is based on my experience with chat box.

As most of us probably know/remember there is a specific rule about staying on topic within the chat box.

As understandable as this rule is(especially in the forums section) this is harder to do in chat box. People come and go into chat box and those who just came in can't possibly know what the topic is(or for that matter if it's even something they could contribute to). This creates an awkward silence where no one is really quite sure what to say(for me personally it's a combination of my social anxiety and fear of breaking the rules by going off topic). I know for a fact id visit chat box more often if there was a logically consistent order of sorts. To put it simply just as there are several sub-sections of the forums I believe it'd be helpful to generate traffic to chat box by in addition to the current main lobby where everyone in chat box is situated upon entry that there be new sub sections or chat rooms dedicated to a specific topic/category like we have here in the forums.

Some may argue that we already have that in the forums but the advantage here is responses are now instant and in real time which many questions would benefit off of being answered in that way. Another benefit is reducing clutter on the forums by moving lots of simple questions to the chat box as opposed to spamming the forums until an answer is given. In this idea the main chat box lobby could still exist as a gathering place as it does now but these additional chat rooms will hopefully purge the awkward science that I think arises from the desire to stay on topic even if the topic is clearly going nowhere or not enough people can contribute to the topic at hand.

Fundamentally the main problem which plenty have already mentioned above is the conditions for botting are more complex than once was  so chat box aside there is simply a general shortage of botters and with that shortage not enough traffic can be generated like in the old days. It's like the saying goes "If you build it... They will come"; in short the surest way to get everyone to come back is simply to wait until botting conditions one day hopefully improve so that even some of the most inexperienced botters can bot in peace and we can have more traffic generated as a result.

I still stand by my idea to have separate chat rooms dedicated to specific categories as it would make the entire chatting process smoother than currently is by getting rid of the awkward silence

TL:DR: I propose the development of several sub categories of chat rooms so that if the main conversation in  chat box isn't of interest people don't need to be locked in awkward silence and can go to where they like; all the while the main chat box lobby will still exist for everyone to partake in.

• Like 1

This idea is based on my experience with chat box.

As most of us probably know/remember there is a specific rule about staying on topic within the chat box.

As understandable as this rule is(especially in the forums section) this is harder to do in chat box. People come and go into chat box and those who just came in can't possibly know what the topic is(or for that matter if it's even something they could contribute to). This creates an awkward silence where no one is really quite sure what to say(for me personally it's a combination of my social anxiety and fear of breaking the rules by going off topic). I know for a fact id visit chat box more often if there was a logically consistent order of sorts. To put it simply just as there are several sub-sections of the forums I believe it'd be helpful to generate traffic to chat box by in addition to the current main lobby where everyone in chat box is situated upon entry that there be new sub sections or chat rooms dedicated to a specific topic/category like we have here in the forums.

Some may argue that we already have that in the forums but the advantage here is responses are now instant and in real time which many questions would benefit off of being answered in that way. Another benefit is reducing clutter on the forums by moving lots of simple questions to the chat box as opposed to spamming the forums until an answer is given. In this idea the main chat box lobby could still exist as a gathering place as it does now but these additional chat rooms will hopefully purge the awkward science that I think arises from the desire to stay on topic even if the topic is clearly going nowhere or not enough people can contribute to the topic at hand.

Fundamentally the main problem which plenty have already mentioned above is the conditions for botting are more complex than once was  so chat box aside there is simply a general shortage of botters and with that shortage not enough traffic can be generated like in the old days. It's like the saying goes "If you build it... They will come"; in short the surest way to get everyone to come back is simply to wait until botting conditions one day hopefully improve so that even some of the most inexperienced botters can bot in peace and we can have more traffic generated as a result.

I still stand by my idea to have separate chat rooms dedicated to specific categories as it would make the entire chatting process smoother than currently is by getting rid of the awkward silence

TL:DR: I propose the development of several sub categories of chat rooms so that if the main conversation in  chat box isn't of interest people don't need to be locked in awkward silence and can go to where they like; all the while the main chat box lobby will still exist for everyone to partake in.

Pm this @Maldesto , it sounds interesting :)

Pm this @Maldesto , it sounds interesting smile.png

Thanks but I already sent him my staff application*applying to become a mod* like 10 days ago and never heard back.

I am sure he's super busy and I don't really want to send another message at the moment, since I am still waiting to hear back about my application.

dunno, u can do sum stuff like the most active ppl will get free vip or a bond or something

I remember an event like this hosted by @Asuna back in the summer.

It was lots of fun and it helped me join the chat box(I didn't win anything but it was super fun).

The idea is great but it's like a band aid at the end of the day sadly. Like in the moment there will be more traffic but once awards have been given out the motivation for most members who only joined initially for the prizes is gone and they wont likely return.

It worked for me now I come back every now and again but I think most of those who participated with the hopes of winning didn't come back after.

Still I think another fun event like this at some point would be great smile.png.

As somebody who was extremely active in the chatbox during my time here, I feel as though I can contribute. 

I believe that the chat box was so popular (30-50 people sometimes) purely due to the community at that given moment. It was basically a gigantic group of friends who really got on, with new people always coming in an contributing to the conversations and debates. It's just as people have taken their farewell from the community that the chat box has declined.

• Like 1