Mobile Apps

Oliver

You would usually pay them in shares instead of a fixed salary smile.png

Nah, there's thousands of programmers on freelance sites from India looking to do any job you have for next to nothing. The cost of living over there is much less than in other countries, which is why they can bid so low on jobs. It's also the reason most companies are outsourcing all of their projects. Why pay a local programmer $50k per year when you can get a team of Indians to do the work for $10k?

tl;dr fuck India

Edited by Swizzbeat
  • Like 1

Nah, there's thousands of programmers on freelance sites from India looking to do any job you have for next to nothing. The cost of living over there is much less than in other countries, which is why they can bid so low on jobs. It's also the reason most companies are outsourcing all of their projects. Why pay a local programmer $50k per year when you can get a team of Indians to do the work for $10k?

tl;dr fuck India

There are a silly amount of jobs in the US for programmers, there are advantages and disadvantages to outsourcing. $50k a year for an educated full time programmer is pretty awful, can get a lot more in the US. :)

There are a silly amount of jobs in the US for programmers, there are advantages and disadvantages to outsourcing. $50k a year for an educated full time programmer is pretty awful, can get a lot more in the US. smile.png

Obviously there are still jobs, however a large majority is being outsourced. The point I was trying to make is $50k per year in the US may be awful but even just half that in India when converted to the Rupee (and based on their living expenses) is enough to make that person part of the upper class.

• Like 1

Obviously there are still jobs, however a large majority is being outsourced. The point I was trying to make is $50k per year in the US may be awful but even just half that in India when converted to the Rupee (and based on their living expenses) is enough to make that person part of the upper class.

For a little while I used to make websites and a majority of my business was cleaning up the work finished by Indians. It was a little disheartening because I always assumed that they were one of the technology leaders.

For a little while I used to make websites and a majority of my business was cleaning up the work finished by Indians. It was a little disheartening because I always assumed that they were one of the technology leaders.

Trust me I know your pain. Companies may save a few pennies now but will end up spending much more when they're experiencing problems down the road regarding maintainability.