Welcome MGI, A New Official Developer!

Laz

Welcome!

Ever since Alek joined we have been blessed with multiple updates/week, yes there's still a lot of work to do, but for the first time in months I'm actually starting to believe OSBot might not be doomed to die anytime soon.

As long as the RS3 bot's development doesn't interfere too much with the OS's one, which is probably why they are hiring a new developer instead of re-assigning the current ones, then this is good news. It's a huge market that could easily end up doubling the current userbase.

On top of that, I would love a utility reflection client (respecting Jagex's conditions), similar to RSBddy, that allows for scripters to write (legal) plugins as well. The devs already have lots of the necessary tools and experience, and this too would also bring in a whole new target audience.

Again, welcome MGI! And good luck to the OSB team!

You can do this with the normal API?

You can do this with the normal API?

Yes you can (I have written quite a few  of such tools in the past actually), but the sole fact that the OSB client uses injection makes it banable.

I can't seem to find the official rules for external clients anymore, but I'm 99% sure only reflection is allowed by Jagex.

Legit players won't be comfortable to use a bot client anyway, OSB would probably have to use a separate domain for this too, because even downloading such client from a botting site would make feel most uncomfortable already.

They have the tools, they have the experience (site managment, coding skills), they already have a big audience to immediately share and advertise the product to (OSB) and they have a plethora of scripters to write plugins for them.

Edited by Botrepreneur

Yes you can (I have written quite a few  of such tools in the past actually), but the sole fact that the OSB client uses injection makes it banable.

I can't seem to find the official rules for external clients anymore, but I'm 99% sure only reflection is allowed by Jagex.

Legit players won't be comfortable to use a bot client anyway, OSB would probably have to use a separate domain for this too, because even downloading such client from a botting site would make feel most uncomfortable already.

They have the tools, they have the experience (site managment, coding skills), they already have a big audience to immediately share and advertise the product to (OSB) and they have a plethora of scripters to write plugins for them.

i lol'd

Yes you can (I have written quite a few of such tools in the past actually), but the sole fact that the OSB client uses injection makes it banable.

I'm 99% sure they use injection.

I'm 99% sure they get a special treatment then, I saw the rules for third party clients on Weath's twitter a while ago and it explicitly stated that injection was against their rules.

my bad, i think they moved to reflection a while ago

4:27 PM <~_Rick> lol

4:27 PM <~_Rick> osbuddy is reflection

Edited by dog_
  • Like 1