A Beginners Guide to Writing OSBot Scripts (where to get started!) by Apaec

Apaec

Question, what ever way i do mining. The bot keeps clicking on different ores. How to stop the clicking after bot has started mining and until he has mined the ore?

After interacting with a rock, try adding a sleep. for example, 'sleep(1000)'. You will also have to add to the condition checks in the getState() to factor in a check for animations to see if the player is stick mining. for example:

'if (myPlayer().isAnimating()) {

//do stuff

}'

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

really good guide but my problem is the coding, the language is too complex for me and i find it hard to do. Is there a way round this? I find it really interesting to see how osrs bots work as i have used them in the past.

Follow some Java tutorials until you have a good understanding of the language, then start writing scripts

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Follow some Java tutorials until you have a good understanding of the language, then start writing scripts

Thanks, helped me set up eclipse for osbot quickly. Do you really have to update the jar every time there is a osbot update? Or is it only when there is an update to the api, or is it every Thursday when osbot gets a update?