OSBot 2.2.8

Zach

• Developer

This is more of a maintenance release with some API fixes. I wasn't around for a lot of it so I can't provide a lot of details at this point in time. The API team changes were merged. This also means that it might not be as stable as it should be.

One thing to note is that we now track the most recent user-agent from your browser when you use the forums. This is provided to the bot and used in outgoing connections to RS. So, it should be even more realistic since there won't be a disproportionate number of people using a specific user-agent.

@Scripters

I'll be in touch with you guys about the bugs and how I'm thinking about handling this in the near future.

Sincerely,

The OSBot Team

Download: http://osbot.org/get/index.php

• Like 1

Well, I merged what was in the repo that was supposedly for the API team. Or did I totally miss something?

We have our own private repo. All of the fixes that we've done over the past few days have not been merged.

This includes:

• New and improved mouse
    • The current mouse is often erratic (it skips instead of moves, and sometimes moves EXTREMELY fast) and inaccurate, causing more bans than I'd like to imagine
    • This new mouse never uses the same movements, so it's virtually undetectable
    • Here's a small GIF of the new one (we'll have a longer demonstration soon)
      • NNk3fwz.gif
  • Store API fix
    • The current store API would sometimes buy items that the scripter did NOT say to buy, making some buying scripts be broken!
  • Bank scrolling
    • The bank had an issue with scrolling (it often wouldn't scroll right), and has been fixed!
  • Maze random event
    • This has been an issue for FAR too long, and it is now fully operational!
  • Entity interactions
    • This is a big one, if a script you were using has ever messed up clicking on an object or NPC, you'll be happy to know it has been fixed!
  • isVisible() bug
    • This breaks many scripts, and has been an ongoing issue for quite a while. Scripts would stop, thinking an NPC or object is on the screen when it really isn't.
  • Faster keyboard
    • Our current keyboard is very slow, making it look bot-like, but we've improved it to a much more human-like speed!
  • And many other fixes to the core API
    • These fixes will help all scripters make higher quality scripts by letting them focus on their scripts and not on the faulty API

We will not be pushing any updates until Laz gets back to us. We're unimpressed by his absence as he was supposed to speak with us days ago.

Edited by Dashboard
  • Like 8

This is more of a maintenance release with some API fixes. I wasn't around for a lot of it so I can't provide a lot of details at this point in time. The API team changes were merged. This also means that it might not be as stable as it should be.

One thing to note is that we now track the most recent user-agent from your browser when you use the forums. This is provided to the bot and used in outgoing connections to RS. So, it should be even more realistic since there won't be a disproportionate number of people using a specific user-agent.

@Scripters

I'll be in touch with you guys about the bugs and how I'm thinking about handling this in the near future.

Sincerely,

The OSBot Team

Download: http://osbot.org/get/index.php

Any specific place where we can check what changes were made/fixed by the API team? Not sure how often the Trackers are updated.