The Great Transition Forward - OSBot 2

Laz

Yes I expect the provider of a script to update a script and give it away to the users who already payed the fee, I don't know where you get the word free from. The lifetime fee includes updates, and this is just another major update.

An update CAN be a brand new product (e.g. operating systems).

The lifetime fee doesn't include anything, the only thing it means is that you don't have to pay monthly.

Feel free to prove me wrong, I couldn't find any statement in the TOS concerning "lifetime products"

I did find this though:

b91638c9664e084757d8489d66a20436.png

If you don't think you will earn enough revenue from new users, then don't update the script. Very simple IMO.

You realize that that would be  a lose - lose situation right?

Edited by Botrepreneur

An update CAN be a brand new product (e.g. operating systems).

The lifetime fee doesn't include anything, the only thing it means is that you don't have to pay monthly.

Feel free to prove me wrong, I couldn't find any statement in the TOS concerning "lifetime products"

I did find this though:

b91638c9664e084757d8489d66a20436.png

You realize that that would be  a lose - lose situation right?

You really think that the TOS is followed?

lhrJjcl.pngRefer to this thread:

http://osbot.org/forum/topic/51972-age-of-osbot/

If we were to strictly enforce the TOS 60% of the community would cease to exist on this website.

You can't just choose which part of the TOS you want to enforce, you (the staff) should be enforcing all of it.

And it would not be a lose - lose situation, if the developer would not want to update his script he would be losing out on the money that he could potentially be making. Where as the user of the OSBot 1 script would have to lose either way, either he re-buys the script or he doesn't buy the script at all and gets a broken script because it wont be udpated. We can make it a win-win situation by giving the people who have already purchased it access to it, and a win situation for the developer by earning a monthly fee from new customers. I think by upgrading to OSBot 2 it will keep us ahead of the competition, which will bring plenty of new users to OSBot.

Edited by Runescape99
  • Like 1

You really think that the TOS is followed?

lhrJjcl.pngRefer to this thread:

http://osbot.org/forum/topic/51972-age-of-osbot/

If we were to strictly enforce the TOS 60% of the community would cease to exist on this website.

Your point?

The fact that the minimum age rule isn't being respected doesn't give the vague concept of "lifetime" any more meaning. There's no rule enforcing script writers to make updates either. You are inventing rights for yourself out of nowhere.

And it would not be a lose - lose situation, if the developer would not want to update his script he would be losing out of the money that he could potentially be making. 

Money from who? The stream of new users? No.

You have absolutely no idea of how low the the financial return is in comparison to the invested time (coding, customer support, marketing, etc...) with the current system.

The "potential money" you are talking about would only come from new users and those are too rare, the rest of the target market has been exhausted, either instancing or monthly payments (or both) will revive the market and this will not only advantage the script writers.

We can make it a win-win situation by giving the people who have already purchased it access to it, and a win situation for the developer by earning a monthly free from new customers.

Again, new users are too sparse.

Edited by Botrepreneur

Your point?

The fact that the minimum age rule isn't being respected doesn't give the vague concept of "lifetime" any more meaning. There's no rule enforcing script writers to make updates either. You are inventing rights for yourself out of nowhere.

Money from who? The stream of new users? No.

You have absolutely no idea of how low the the financial return is in comparison to the invested time (coding, customer support, marketing, etc...) with the current system.

The "potential money" you are talking about would only come from new users and those are too rare, the rest of the target market has been exhausted, either instancing or monthly payments (or both) will revive the market and this will not only advantage the script writers.

Again, new users are too sparse.

I'm pretty sure you can't get any scripts on the SDN if you're not going to update them consistently. I used my TOS reference to show you that what you pointed out from the TOS doesn't mean anything, since the TOS is not followed by 60% of the community. I don't understand how you expect writing scripts to pay so much money. You're in a market with teenagers who have little to no money. You're trying to drain every cent that they have, if they have any at all. You shouldn't expect to make a ton of money off script writing. Money isn't everything, some of these script writers would be making scripts either way, paid or not paid, as they gain experience and become more knowledgeable with Java which they can then use to get a real job or advance in their classes.

The market for OSBot will diminish very quickly if we do in fact only allow monthly payments. The number of users willing to pay monthly is sparse compared to the number of users willing to pay a little more for a lifetime script. Although I don't want to get into a debate about whether or not the SDN should only allow monthly scripts. I just want the script that I paid lifetime for to in fact be lifetime.

Edited by Runescape99

I'd love to give me users life-time access to the life-time scripts they bought on OSBot 1. That being said, I don't think it's going to happen that way. Either way, I feel that the product I've provided and maintained over the past few months has been more than worth it's value.

As a scripter, I vow to make this new mandatory monthly charge more than worth it to those of you who choose to re-subscribe with sexy new updates and features. (KBD and mithril drags coming soon to King of the Dragons)

• Like 4

I don't understand how you expect writing scripts to pay so much money. You're in a market with teenagers who have little to no money. You're trying to drain every cent that they have.

Bullshit, don't play the poor kid card on me.

Ever heard about gold-farmers?

I used my TOS reference to show you that what you pointed out from the TOS doesn't mean anything, since the TOS is not followed by 60% of the community.

Don't compare a clause concerning the rights of the owners to a rule that forbids teenagers to join the site, they are totally unrelated (except for being on the same page).

The market for OSBot will diminish very quickly if we do in fact only allow monthly payments. The number of users willing to pay monthly is sparse compared to the number of users willing to pay a little more for a lifetime script.

I was also skeptical of this solution, but without any relevant data to back up your claims / my doubts or without a proposition of a better solution, I don't think the owners will change their mind.

I just want the script that I paid lifetime for to in fact be lifetime.

I guess the "lifetime" you paid for is about to end.

Sorry.

Edited by Botrepreneur

Bullshit, don't play the poor kid card on me.

Ever heard about gold-farmers?

Don't compare a clause concerning the rights of the owners to a rule that forbids teenagers to join the site, they are totally unrelated (except for being on the same page).

I was also skeptical of this solution, but without any relevant data to back up your claims / my doubts or without a proposition of a better solution, I don't think the owners will change their mind.

I guess the "lifetime" you paid for is about to end.

Sorry.

Are you saying that everyone on this website is a gold farmer? No they're not. Laz mentioned something about having to pay for the script / tab. So the gold farmers will be paying more anyways. Something will be done about my "lifetime" script, or I will make something happen myself. I didn't pay for a lifetime script for 1-2 months worth.

CMH Motherlode

That's 10M in RSGP.

200K/h * 6h/ day * 45 days = that's 45M.

You tripled your investment, how was that a bad deal?

Now let's apply this formula to your definition of lifetime.

I'll give lifetime a value of 5 years to be fair with you.

200K/h * 6h/ day * 1825 days = that's 2.2B = that's around 6K$ with the current rates.

That is if you use only 1 tab.

So, over 5 years you could be making 6K$ from a product quite easily and in return the script writer gets 5$ from you. How is this fair towards the script provider? 

Edited by Botrepreneur

That's 10M in RSGP.

200K/h * 6h/ day * 45 days = that's 45M.

You tripled your investment, how was that a bad deal?

Now let's apply this formula to your definition of lifetime.

I'll give lifetime a value of 5 years to be fair with you.

200K/h * 6h/ day * 1825 days = that's 2.2B = that's around 6K$ with the current rates.

That is if you use only 1 tab.

So, over 5 years you could be making 6K$ from a product quite easily and in return the script writer gets 5$ from you. How is this fair? How does that make the scripter writer a money whore?

Does this account for membership? No. Does this account for bans? No. Does this account for VIP/Sponsor? No. I'm not saying that it's a bad deal, I'm saying lifetime doesn't mean 1 or 2 months. If it would have meant 1 month, then I'm fine with paying monthly. But it says LIFETIME. I already paid for it so you can either refund me or you can give me lifetime on the OSBot 2 version, or you can not update the script and nobody wins.

Edited by Runescape99

Does this account for membership? No. Does this account for bans? No. Does this account for VIP/Sponsor? No. I'm not saying that it's a bad deal, I'm saying lifetime doesn't mean 1 or 2 months. If it would have meant 1 month, then I'm fine with paying monthly. But it says LIFETIME. I already paid for it so you can either refund me or you can give me lifetime on the OSBot 2 version, or you can not update the script and nobody wins.

I don't believe there will be an OSBot 2 version of that particular script by that individual scripter (I could be wrong). Lifetime means lifetime of OSBot 1, which is coming to an end.

• Like 1

Does this account for membership? No. Does this account for bans? No. Does this account for VIP/Sponsor? No. I'm not saying that it's a bad deal.

Remember, in my formula I used only 1 tab, this means:

- No VIP / sponsor costs.

- I'll be (very) generous and deduct 1K for 5 years of membership.

5K from a 5$ investment.

Something still doesn't seem fair. For every dollar you invested in buying a script and running it on a free bot you got thousand in return.

Even with a monthly fee of 5$/month you would still have made only 300$ less over those 5 years.

That's 4700$ from a 300$ investment, still doesn't seem very fair but most writers will be content with it.

I'm saying lifetime doesn't mean 1 or 2 months. If it would have meant 1 month, then I'm fine with paying monthly. But it says LIFETIME. I already paid for it so you can either refund me or you can give me lifetime on the OSBot 2 version, or you can not update the script and nobody wins.

Where did you get the official definition of lifetime again?

Go ahead and ask for a refund, you'll lose (read the TOS).

I don't believe there will be an OSBot 2 version of that particular script by that individual scripter (I could be wrong). Lifetime means lifetime of OSBot 1, which is coming to an end.

If he doesn't want to make a OSBot 2 version that's fine. But I'm not talking just for myself, talking for everyone who has lifetime scripts.

Remember, in my formula I used only 1 tab, this means:

- No VIP / sponsor costs.

- I'll be (very) generous and deduct 1K for 5 years of membership.

5K from a 5$ investment.

Something still doesn't seem fair. For every dollar you invested in buying a script and running it on a free bot you got thousand in return.

Even with a monthly fee of 5$/month you would still have made only 300$ less over those 5 years.

That's 4700$ from a 300$ investment, still doesn't seem very fair but most writers will be content with it.

Where did you get the official definition of lifetime again?

Go ahead and ask for a refund, you'll lose (read the TOS).

https://www.google.com/#q=lifetime+definition is where I got my definition of lifetime.

And I could care less about all of the statistics. I paid for a lifetime script " the duration of a person's life. " Essentially I wont be getting what I've paid for, which is bullshit.