Hacking + Reverse/Social Engineering Forums

Swizzbeat

Don't know why you're relating programming to hacking.

Programming scripts for OSBot != compromising a user / stealing.

Do you even know what hacking is?

Usq2V00.png

On topic, I think this would be a wonderful subforum to have.  I would love to learn about the tricks used for hooking fields in the client and stuff like that, but I don't have the time to venture out to another forum to find the information.  Having it in one place with a few nice tutorials would be very helpful.  This would be a benefit for the community as a whole for showing the devs which fields need to be hooked etc.

• Like 2

Do you even know what hacking is?

Usq2V00.png

On topic, I think this would be a wonderful subforum to have.  I would love to learn about the tricks used for hooking fields in the client and stuff like that, but I don't have the time to venture out to another forum to find the information.  Having it in one place with a few nice tutorials would be very helpful.  This would be a benefit for the community as a whole for showing the devs which fields need to be hooked etc.

Exactly. I love how people still infer "hacking" always refers to a little 12 year old putting a virus on computers and stealing bank account information, when in reality all it is is gaining access to systems through unconventional means.

Wouldn't mind learning how to hack.

Then i'll be a l33t haxor and join anonymous. 

Posts like this are the reason I doubt the staff will accept this idea.

I'm against it as well, for the following reasons.

People are on here to gain an unfair advantage within the Runescape game. This site already offers support for aspiring scripters, and all that they would need to do is take it upon themselves to dive a bit deeper into what it is that they're coding to be able to gain access to someone's account. 

If we supply all of the answers in one place, then it's going to spiral out of control, people accounts within this community would begin getting targeted (as if they aren't enough already due to huge amounts of gold or items contained within these accounts) but people would have more of a means to be able to gain this access, all within a certain thread in the same forum. 

I do understand that it is about awareness and preventative measures, however alot of people will abuse the information that they are seeing, or at least try to.

I think it should remain a sole botting community, if it goes further then the potential for everyone to start tearing the community apart from the inside will increase.