Scripter Ranks Proposal

Alek

• Administrator

Assuming you can see sales, compare Swizzbeat's and my fletcher's sales. Then you can try telling me again we have the potential to earn the same amount of money. He got thrice the sales as I while mine had proven better results(no offense swizz love u QwPha8E.png), and the only reason I can think of that happening is because of his name colour.

his scripts were in high demand and of good quality.

Regarding Toph, you are clearly contradicting yourself. Swizz is a known script developer because of the work he produces, not because of the color of his name, which he received for producing the work. If you release a fletcher months after him now that all customers have purchased his why would they come to your script.

Your mandatory 6 hour proggy required for script release shows that your script is thoroughly tested. Showing that 10 bots can run your script for less than an hour means nothing.

Should I increase the proggy requirement from 6 to 12?

The post you quoted does not mention anything to do with progress reports, you failed to address any of his concerns.

• Like 1

Which means people who release a script that they didn't code and bought the source get free vip.

If that's the problem then why would you jump straight to reforming the entire scripter ranks?

Don't you think it'd be a bit easier to disallow the 'buying of sources' and rather to have a method which proves their knowledge (in scripting)?

You're cutting down an already-limited rank that is high in demand and low in supply (quality supply). Without scripters, this site is nothing, so please look at the big picture before you make short-term suggestions such as this.

• Like 3

I've been reading posts about SDN Script Writers having unlimited tabs for releasing a simple free script on the SDN, undermining the value of VIP. 

The real value is the ability to sell scripts through the SDN, that should be the motivating factor.

Well I'm sure we can make threads talking about the opposite if you'd like.

I'm not sure I follow you Eliot. The opposite would be:

VIPs undermining the value of SDN Script Writers by paying money to use a service?

Why do SDN Script Writers need unlimited botting tabs? I've release a handful of scripts, and never have I needed to use more than 2 botting tabs. To get to the point where you are today, you had to use one before you got the unlimited. Everyone here has started off as a normal member.

Regarding Toph, you are clearly contradicting yourself. Swizz is a known script developer because of the work he produces, not because of the color of his name, which he received for producing the work. If you release a fletcher months after him now that all customers have purchased his why would they come to your script.

It was less than a week after when I released mine, because I had to wait for it to be accepted.

You still haven't answered my question to why you're trying to make a SCRIPTER rank on a BOTTING forum less desirable/valuable. That is my main question and frustration here.

• Like 1

I'm not sure I follow you Eliot. The opposite would be:

VIPs undermining the value of SDN Script Writers by paying money to use a service?

I've been reading posts about SDN Script Writers having unlimited tabs for releasing complex premium scripts on the SDN and generating revenue for OSBot, equalling, if not surpassing, the value of VIP .

• Like 1

It was less than a week after when I released mine, because I had to wait for it to be accepted.

You still haven't answered my question to why you're trying to make a SCRIPTER rank on a BOTTING forum less desirable/valuable. That is my main question and frustration here.

Is it that much less desirable? The real desire is the ability to make money, which is equal between OSD and SDN Scripters. There are tons of members on here who have pulled in serious money as an SDN Scripter. Most OSDs were good SDN Scripters that made decent revenue to get to where they are today, with probably the exception of Brainfree who is a math wizard.

• Like 1

Also, there's already a percentage being cut out of our script sales when a VIP buys the script(which doesn't give us any money at all), and now you want to make them even MORE "important" than they already are? I'm seriously pissed about all this bullshit, because it makes no fucking sense. VIPs buy VIP so they can run more bots, which the scripters provide.

• Like 2

• Administrator

I will slience this right now, script developers will always get unlimited tabs, due to them sacrificing time for the community in writing scripts, of course we have a few people that are unnamed releasing a script they didn't write and had people write it for them, luckly there are only a few of those. We won't punish the rest of the script writers for that though..

Also the name changes, i think the names are fine at this point in time, its just basically the color they want, which won't happen due to the amount of script writers going in and out of the group.

• Like 2

I will slience this right now, script developers will always get unlimited tabs, due to them sacrificing time for the community in writing scripts, of course we have a few people that are unnamed releasing a script they didn't write and had people write it for them, luckly there are only a few of those. We won't punish the rest of the script writers for that though..

Also the name changes, i think the names are fine at this point in time, its just basically the color they want, which won't happen due to the amount of script writers going in and out of the group.

Thank you.

Also, there's already a percentage being cut out of our script sales when a VIP buys the script(which doesn't give us any money at all), and now you want to make them even MORE "important" than they already are? I'm seriously pissed about all this bullshit, because it makes no fucking sense. VIPs buy VIP so they can run more bots, which the scripters provide.

I agree with all of this ^.

It's essentially turning people away from making scripts in the sense that it drops motivation and gives them less options & tools to work with.