Scripter Ranks Proposal

Alek

Penalizing? You are getting an extra botting tab for free. You are also eligible to receive the same exact compensation as OSDs. 

We're not getting anything for free? We are significantly more important than VIP users. The application process for OSD is garbage and unless it's reformed this plan is flawed.

• Like 1

I love the idea of letting a "Script Writer" to be limited to 2 tabs. But my questions would be what is the difference from Script Writer to SDN Script Writer and then to Script Developer? And do these different levels have differences in the amount of access/tabs you can open? I believe that getting Script Writer rank is easy and I would personally have it if it wasn't due to my script uploading issues. 

But good work thinking this up Alek. I fully support this update. 

Currently the only difference between a SDN Script Writer and an OSD is the PIP (permission wise).

Getting the ranks:

1. The application for OSD is very vigorous, very selective, sort of a lengthy process, and only picks the best in the business.

2. SDN Scripters get their rank by submitting any working script on the SDN.

Their compensation as of now is exactly the same for both, essentially Lifetime Sponsor. Many members of the community are concerned with SDN Script Writers de-valuing their $10 payment. With that said, I feel the SDN Script Writer compensation presented above, is fair. SDN Script Writers also have the potential to earn the same amount of money that an OSD does.

• Like 1

Currently the only difference between a SDN Script Writer and an OSD is the PIP (permission wise).

Getting the ranks:

1. The application for OSD is very vigorous, very selective, sort of a lengthy process, and only picks the best in the business.

Their compensation as of now is exactly the same for both, essentially Lifetime Sponsor. Many members of the community are concerned with SDN Script Writers de-valuing their $10 payment. With that said, I feel the SDN Script Writer compensation presented above, is fair. SDN Script Writers also have the potential to earn the same amount of money that an OSD does.

Assuming you can see sales, compare Swizzbeat's and my fletcher's sales. Then you can try telling me again we have the potential to earn the same amount of money. He got thrice the sales as I while mine had proven better results(no offense swizz love u <3), and the only reason I can think of that happening is because of his name colour.

Getting the ranks:

1. I can point to many OSD's who are far from the "best in the business".

2. Correct, this is the problem.

essentially Lifetime Sponsor.

What? How is SDN or OSD even slightly similar to lifetime sponsor? Unless you think that a script (once released) must never be updated or revised.

Well, less tabs for snd scripters is a going to be a loss loss situation in my case.

1. 2 tabs means I can only test 1 or 2 scripts at the time.

2. If I can't test scripts (enough or at all) they will be less good, lesser quality products equals lesser sales.

3. Lesser sales affect both Osbot and me.

4. I refuse to buy VIP, I think offering scripts to the community and sharing profit from these with Osbot makes me important enough.

That being said, I wouldn't really mind that much, guess I'll just have to apply for official scripter :)

Toph was an SDN Script Writer and made more money than a good portion of our OSD's, I think your argument is a bit misguided.

That is just one of many, he applied for OSD i remember recently, and his scripts were in high demand and of good quality.

I think this thread is complete bullshit and the tab limit should just be set to 4 as before, keep the rest(maybe make OSD applying better, it doesn't really make sense).

Edited by FearMe
  • Like 1

Well, less tabs for snd scripters is a going to be a loss loss situation in my case.

1. 2 tabs means I can only test 1 or 2 scripts at the time.

2. If I can't test scripts (enough or at all) they will be less good, lesser quality products equals lesser sales.

3. Lesser sales affect both Osbot and me.

4. I refuse to buy VIP, I think offering scripts to the community and sharing profit from these with Osbot makes me important enough.

That being said, I wouldn't really mind that much, guess I'll just have to apply for official scripter smile.png

Your mandatory 6 hour proggy required for script release shows that your script is thoroughly tested. Showing that 10 bots can run your script for less than an hour means nothing.

Should I increase the proggy requirement from 6 to 12?