Chatbox rule #8 Nerf

Cinnamon

28 members have voted

1. 1. Should in-game items be allowed in the chat?

• Yes.
    • No!

• Administrator

Yet account buying/selling, services, and gold also fluctuate in the chat. Why just In-game items?

Because you can't go to varrock and buy, sell, and offer services for accounts. You also can't go to zybez a known site to buy any items for in game currency. "Black Market" is what we are, we have a section on the forums for items if you want to buy them for gp.

• Administrator

The chat is already filled with advertisements that a lot of people ignore and get annoyed by. A lot of people want them removed completely, the chat is for fun and to ask for a bit of support if you need it. No one comes in there wanting to read 10 different links every few minutes.

I guess it's nothing...

If the people want it we can change it, i'd like a vote thrown up though.

The chat is already filled with advertisements that a lot of people ignore and get annoyed by. A lot of people want them removed completely, the chat is for fun and to ask for a bit of support if you need it. No one comes in there wanting to read 10 different links every few minutes.

If the people want it we can change it, i'd like a vote thrown up though.

I would. The 30 minute rule should apply. Sometimes you're just looking for small things like 1k Nats or something like that, and the chats are a pretty convenient place to do that since we're all a big (distant) family. <3

• Like 2

• Administrator

I would. The 30 minute rule should apply. Sometimes you're just looking for small things like 1k Nats or something like that, and the chats are a pretty convenient place to do that since we're all a big (distant) family. QwPha8E.png

http://forums.zybez.net/runescape-2007-prices/280-nature-rune   577ced3dfe724c4fe1c1722ec75fb36f.pngall within 10 minutes, one was even 47 seconds ago, how can that be harder than coming into chat asking 10-15 people that are trying to have conversations or advertising their own service if they can sell something. 

half of them even have their location.

• Administrator

It's a different story if you're looking for quest items, they're hard as heck to find.

Generally if it just comes in as normal chat and not advertisement I don't mind at all. But advertisement, nah, that's what zybez and Merch bots are for.

Understandable if it is a quest item, but buying lobs, sharks, natures, or any other popular item that are being sold on zybez within 1 minute there are 2-3 posts. 

• Like 1

http://forums.zybez.net/runescape-2007-prices/280-nature-rune   577ced3dfe724c4fe1c1722ec75fb36f.pngall within 10 minutes, one was even 47 seconds ago, how can that be harder than coming into chat asking 10-15 people that are trying to have conversations or advertising their own service if they can sell something. 

half of them even have their location.

That's not what I really meant, what Gilgad said is a bit more accurate.

I agree with some previously stated points. I think that there is already enough people advertising things and sometimes the constant advertising bothers me. I'm in the chatroom to talk with others, not see people advertising their items to sell. There are other ways to sell your items like a forum post or zybez or even just going in game

Because you can't go to varrock and buy, sell, and offer services for accounts. You also can't go to zybez a known site to buy any items for in game currency. "Black Market" is what we are, we have a section on the forums for items if you want to buy them for gp.

Your right. Jagex confines its players to only trade in-game wealth, and out rules black marketing (Account selling, Gold selling, ect). Just because Jagex doesn't allow participation in the black market, doesn't mean were confined to it. Just thing of us as Zybez + Account buying, selling, and gold selling. If its a small amount, I doubt making a post about it is worthy.

I don't support, the chat is a place to talk...

I don't know why people keep claiming this when other marketing is already allowed.

Also put up a poll.

Also, technically bonds are considered in-game items. Why is that allowed?

Understandable if it is a quest item, but buying lobs, sharks, natures, or any other popular item that are being sold on zybez within 1 minute there are 2-3 posts. 

Tbh who ever asks to buy items in chat ... mostly are quest kits or very small things.

Yes maybe make the rule not to spam it .... like spamming selling nats ect ect over and over again ^_^ .

• Like 1

Your right. Jagex confines its players to only trade in-game wealth, and out rules black marketing (Account selling, Gold selling, ect). Just because Jagex doesn't allow participation in the black market, doesn't mean were confined to it. Just thing of us as Zybez + Account buying, selling, and gold selling. If its a small amount, I doubt making a post about it is worthy.

I don't know why people keep claiming this when other marketing is already allowed.

Also put up a poll.

Also, technically bonds are considered in-game items. Why is that allowed?

Why does someone come in the chat when we have a whole board dedicated to market

FYGiH2m.png

Edited by Sex