Users & Name Changes.

BawsZ

Well, just been told their "Login username" would need to be changed in order to do this

meaning they wouldn't be able to access the site with the original login username.. meaning they would need to make a new account

so i doubt this will be possible unless the admins/moderators approve

That isn't true.

On another forum, my login is oloykobkob but my username is Mikasa, so it's possible to not change the login, to my understanding. tongue.png

If someone is named Mikasa for example before you came and agreed to change their "display name to "bob" you couldn't take mikasa because his "login" name is mikasa so it can't override that. I just tried to. I was going to implement this at a 6 month rule, and just change the display name so that their login name would be the same if they ever came back. sad.png

I'm 95% sure it is possible, I'll look into this more, and I'll let you know the results.

Pm me if you find a way without changing their login name i've tried numerous times. biggrin.png thanks buddy

I tried :(

TdNo21i.png

I don't know what that picture has to do with anything? good job.

That's the guy that changed my name on a different forum without changing my login, so I went to him to see if he'd tell me how, and that was his response.

Smart also said it was pretty easy to do, but I've never seen ACP, so can't really help :/

• Administrator

I don't know what that picture has to do with anything? good job.

That's the guy that changed my name on a different forum without changing my login, so I went to him to see if he'd tell me how, and that was his response.

Smart also said it was pretty easy to do, but I've never seen ACP, so can't really help :/

I didn't do much digging just tried one way. Ask smart how to do it and pm me I'll try