Users & Name Changes.

BawsZ

• Administrator

Well, just been told their "Login username" would need to be changed in order to do this

meaning they wouldn't be able to access the site with the original login username.. meaning they would need to make a new account

so i doubt this will be possible unless the admins/moderators approve

That isn't true.

On another forum, my login is oloykobkob but my username is Mikasa, so it's possible to not change the login, to my understanding. tongue.png

If someone is named Mikasa for example before you came and agreed to change their "display name to "bob" you couldn't take mikasa because his "login" name is mikasa so it can't override that. I just tried to. I was going to implement this at a 6 month rule, and just change the display name so that their login name would be the same if they ever came back. sad.png

I'm 95% sure it is possible, I'll look into this more, and I'll let you know the results.

Pm me if you find a way without changing their login name i've tried numerous times. :D thanks buddy

No, the user can come back at any time.

People like you are a cancer. You really think someone who created account and never came on forums is going to come back? Pretty sure it's just someones multiple account so they can use the free scripts on a bunch of accounts not just 1 client ... lol 

Edit: @Violent approves this suggestion.

Edited by Violent
  • Like 1

Well, just been told their "Login username" would need to be changed in order to do this

meaning they wouldn't be able to access the site with the original login username.. meaning they would need to make a new account

so i doubt this will be possible unless the admins/moderators approve

That isn't true.

On another forum, my login is oloykobkob but my username is Mikasa, so it's possible to not change the login, to my understanding. tongue.png

It's possible. Kati did it for me

She will be missed... QwPha8E.png

smile.png

People like you are a cancer. You really think someone who created account and never came on forums is going to come back? Pretty sure it's just someones multiple account so they can use the free scripts on a bunch of accounts not just 1 client ... lol 

There are plenty of sites I've registered on but don't logon, but occasionaly after a month or two I do just to check on it. I'd be pretty upset it someone took my name.

And there's no category for 'cancer'ous people.

• Like 1

There are plenty of sites I've registered on but don't logon, but occasionaly after a month or two I do just to check on it. I'd be pretty upset it someone took my name.

And there's no category for 'cancer'ous people.

You wouldn't support this, even if they were able to request getting their username back like I suggested?

• Like 1

I will support this, but only under certain circumstances.

In addition to the user being 4+ months inactive, that user should have 10 or less posts if someone wants to take that name.

If that user does come back to the forums and does request his previous original name back, he should have it given back to him. 

• Like 2

I like the idea but theoretically couldn't someone come back after 3.5 months (on the 4+ month limit) and post one thing and repeat the process just to keep a name? What I'm trying to say is just because someone comes online and maybe posts something, it doesn't make them active. It is hard to measure level of activity, and hard to deduce what level of activity someone should retain to deserve to keep their name.

• Like 1

I like the idea but theoretically couldn't someone come back after 3.5 months (on the 4+ month limit) and post one thing and repeat the process just to keep a name? What I'm trying to say is just because someone comes online and maybe posts something, it doesn't make them active. It is hard to measure level of activity, and hard to deduce what level of activity someone should retain to deserve to keep their name.

i doubt anyone would do that just to keep a name on forums

• Like 1

i doubt anyone would do that just to keep a name on forums