testing out bot busting.

ershnip

• 2 weeks later...

Jagex has an auto-detector that catches particular click patterns. The auto-detector is set to spot behaviors that fit saved profiles. Jagex employees find the patterns and set the auto-detector to spot these and similar patterns to it in order to generalize behavior to botting. If you're using a bot many people use, it does not necessarily mean you'll get banned. Obvious? If you're using a bot that has already been flagged (spotted and saved to generalize) other users will be too.

Now I think this logic is wrong because some people are banned using the same bot that I have and I wasn't banned.

K so you may say, WELL THEY PLAY TOO MUCH!

possible

Now look at the break handler.

Jagex detects how long you've been playing and flags you if you've been playing more than 4+ hours without logging out doing the same thing. 

I think this logic is wrong because I have done many 4+ hour bots of magic bots, fishing bots, combat bots.

Let's take a look into invisible Mods.

Possible. I do not know JMods' limits. They could perhaps change ID's on things to see if you change course in response to it? That'd be a good one. I don't know.

How about random events?

I've failed many random events and have been stuck at Ice Mountain many a time. Still... No ban.

How about the purpose of your bot.

GoldFarmers are clearly a huge target for bans as Jagex has stated. If you are using a bot that only goldfarm bots are using, you will most likely get banned.

Not sure. What do you think?

Now here's my experience with bots and bans. Starting off with bans. 0! I have botted 2 accounts. Bots: I have used Barb fisher for 5+ hours (straight. all these + hours things mean I did it straight) and failed event. I have used PC bots 5+ hours, sometimes kicked from Iemz pc and left in a boat for hours with the bot still wondering what's going on. I have used superheater 5+ hours at the PC bank and other banks. I have used Soceress Garden bot 5+ hours.

The difference from my experience to a banned user's experience may be pointed out in regards to non-botting behaviors. I actually stared my account and got it to bout 900 total before I began botting. I had my account for over a month before I started botting. I talk while botting, during my baby sitting hours :P. I don't goldfarm. I don't abuse the bot as bad as others. I don't do 10+ hours every day. I make sure there's a sleep schedule that Jagex can see I have. I have cold hours on botting and thats from 1am to 12pm central time US. after 12pm and before 1am is Botting fair game; however, I make sure that I do some non-botting stuff.

I have no insight to offer for the goldfarmers since I don't do it. Sorry

Lost 2/3 of my merch bots today, 

2 of them were still logged in trying to sell X item. 

The third one what is still alive managed to finish selling X item and obviously didn't get banned.

My logic: Jagex mods are just going out banning bots, I mean. How hard is it to tell if somebody is botting and if somebody is playing legit. NOT VERY.

I think it's all about how old the account is combined with other stats. They see an account running level 3 at yews with just 90 wc level 1 everything else... That's just point blank for them... Now if you're on a level 3 with everything above 40 or so and you have some quests done I feel like you have more of a chance. Same with high combat as well. I honestly don't think hours have anything to do with it... because i personally know people who no life the fuck out of this game... talking like 18 hours a day. I could be wrong.. but that's just my observation on it. :D

-Herbish