buying gold on alt and then dropping to main VS buying with main directly?

Biologist

2 hours ago, Biologist said:

Hey guys, just like what the title says

does buying gold on an alt and then drop trading it to your main reduce the likelyhood of getting banned for rwt compared to just straight up buying the gold directly from your main?

Just simply wondering, thanks all

yeh i guess ive  never been banned and i do that method i drop it in wildy so it shows up right away

Only ever been banned once for RWT myself, and I have traded over $1M in my years of RS

Recently sold 1.6B 2 ways (as you can see in my recent feedback) and before that 5B etc to one single person, didn't have any issues at all or bans - I think it varies on the age of your account and if it looks like a gold farmer etc, and the same applies where you trade as most hotspots are lumbridge etc - Trade carefully and remember to junk trade :)

1 hour ago, Dbuffed said:

Only ever been banned once for RWT myself, and I have traded over $1M in my years of RS

Recently sold 1.6B 2 ways (as you can see in my recent feedback) and before that 5B etc to one single person, didn't have any issues at all or bans - I think it varies on the age of your account and if it looks like a gold farmer etc, and the same applies where you trade as most hotspots are lumbridge etc - Trade carefully and remember to junk trade :)

You say the same applies where you trade as most hotspots are lumbridge, etc. What do you mean by this exactly? Are these hotspots more 'risky' because it is more likely you are going to be reported since a lot of people play in these areas compared to very isolated spots or is jagex rwt detection constantly running in only hotspot areas? Hopefully this question makes sense, thanks again

17 minutes ago, Biologist said:

You say the same applies where you trade as most hotspots are lumbridge, etc. What do you mean by this exactly? Are these hotspots more 'risky' because it is more likely you are going to be reported since a lot of people play in these areas compared to very isolated spots or is jagex rwt detection constantly running in only hotspot areas? Hopefully this question makes sense, thanks again

As of right now, a lot of gold sites use the GE/lumbridge for trading gold, which is obviously going to be the first places Jagex check although this could be speculation

I have never felt the need to trade in either place, but somewhere between (so let's say varrock entrance near the wizards) to be sure that i'm nowhere near the spots they would normally mass trade in, this means avoiding the reasons given for RWT catching as i'm somewhere else 

It could again be speculation on my end, I have seen many people trade in both spots and not get touched, I have also traded someone (traded them 600M in x2 300M trades) and got banned using the GE transfer

4 minutes ago, T H C said:

I think it depends on how much you intend to trade, and how often. Anything under a bil I see as safe. PVM splits land within that range.

Anything over that amount I take a bit of caution. Use mems worlds for sure

Another of my old avatars I see xD, damn man I need to add more to my remember thread lmao