How does scripting work for OSbot (Getting paid)?

TorRS

What i wanted to ask is that if I for example upload a premium script does OSbot get the money then they give me my share and if so is it possible for me to get paid with MasterCard and not with PayPal.

The other question I have is I've seen some scripters sell scripts for GP, how does that work? Does OSbot allow it and if yes do they get a cut and how is the procedure to sell scripts for gold.

Thanks in advance :)

• Like 1

You can't get paid to a MasterCard unless it's a debit account as that is a "credit" card. With that being said OSBot only pays via PayPal which you should have no problem registering for if you have a debit card. I wouldn't suggest trying to "contact the people managing the payments" as they're busy and probably just going to say it's not possible. If you have a debit account just sign up for pay-pal.

They aren't going to offer special payment plans for specific scripters and the way some scripters can accept alternative payment methods is through what are known as "vouchers". This is where you buy the customer either the product or a giftcard and they pay you in the alternative currency (such as gp or BTC).

With all this being said, I wouldn't recommend writing scripts for the purpose of money. It sounds like a long and frustrating journey with minimal reward. Instead if you pursue any idea with the intentions of doing a good job or learning more about programming you will be better off, overcome any hardship, and the final result will likely have a monetary value.

1 hour ago, ExtraBotz said:

You can't get paid to a MasterCard unless it's a debit account as that is a "credit" card. With that being said OSBot only pays via PayPal which you should have no problem registering for if you have a debit card. I wouldn't suggest trying to "contact the people managing the payments" as they're busy and probably just going to say it's not possible. If you have a debit account just sign up for pay-pal.

They aren't going to offer special payment plans for specific scripters and the way some scripters can accept alternative payment methods is through what are known as "vouchers". This is where you buy the customer either the product or a giftcard and they pay you in the alternative currency (such as gp or BTC).

With all this being said, I wouldn't recommend writing scripts for the purpose of money. It sounds like a long and frustrating journey with minimal reward. Instead if you pursue any idea with the intentions of doing a good job or learning more about programming you will be better off, overcome any hardship, and the final result will likely have a monetary value.

On the first part, with my paypal im only allowed to send payments and not receive them because the place I live in. I asked for a way to contact them to ask them if they do cash pickup because with a paypal service that is possible. One other thing I want to ask is can you set up the vouchers here on the website? (And the reason I want to start scripting is to learn Java, and I just wanted to see if I can get paid while also learning and if not then RIP lol)

Edited by TorRS
A small mistake

49 minutes ago, TorRS said:

On the first part, with my paypal im only allowed to send payments and not receive them because the place I live in. I asked for a way to contact them to ask them if they do cash pickup because with a paypal service that is possible. One other thing I want to ask is can you set up the vouchers here on the website? (And the reason I want to start scripting is to learn Java, and I just wanted to see if I can get paid while also learning and if not then RIP lol)

Its really not going to be worth for anyone to set up some new odd cash pickup payout system for one person, you gotta keep in mind osbot is a real company.

Sure you can ask Maldesto if he can speak with the owners but hes going to give you the exact same answer you got in here from multiple people.

5 minutes ago, ez11 said:

Its really not going to be worth for anyone to set up some new odd cash pickup payout system for one person, you gotta keep in mind osbot is a real company.

Sure you can ask Maldesto if he can speak with the owners but hes going to give you the exact same answer you got in here from multiple people.

If so I wont even bother him

5 hours ago, TorRS said:

And the reason I want to start scripting is to learn Java, and I just wanted to see if I can get paid while also learning and if not then RIP lol

You would be lucky if people decide to pay you while you're learning. Typically you have to learn a programming skill then offer it to the world. The more you know about programming the more you can create. Best of luck with your educational journey!

• Heart 1

• 2 years later...