Flawed ToS

Kati2

I have a new ToS that I wrote up, that is waiting to be implemented. Will edit and throw in spoiler in a moment.

Terms of Service

By clicking "I accept" at the bottom of this page, you hereby agree to the following terms:

OSBot.org, its administrators, beneficiaries, owners, and/or users can not and will not be held liable for any legal and/or financial claim.

OSBot.org reserves the right to suspend access to any and all of its services offered at any given time without the need to supply reason.

OSBot.org does not require payment, any and all payments and/or financial support is the sole decision of the user, and will be considered a donation.

All donations are final, and will not be disputed. No refunds will be given regardless of situation or reason for said refund.

You are not currently registered, subscribed, or in any way take part in any product, website, or otherwise available service produced, sold, or made available by Jagex, its subdivisions, administrators, employees, beneficiaries, or any subdomains, and therefore are not subject to their terms of service.

You are over the age of eightteen (18) years and are a legal adult.

OSBot.org will cooperate with authorities to prosecute any and all illegal activities conducted on the OSBot.org domain, subdomain, as well as any illegal activity conducted using any product or service provided by OSBot.org.

RuneScape® and RS® are trademarks of Jagex © 1999 - 2013 Jagex, Ltd.

OSBot.org (OSBot) is not affiliated with Jagex. Subject to Terms and Conditions. All rights reserved.

I accept

Decline

Throwing in a bunch of different conditions is unnecessary, and this is a rough draft of course.

Open to edits and suggestions for anyone well versed in law.

Great except the part were it says you are not subscribed or registered to Jagex or any of their products, blah blah blah. Anyway I'm sure we all have runescape membership, so a botting website were you cant buy membership doesnt make sense.

Actually, that's viable (because we'd be breaking the tos and it doesn't matter to jagex if we break the tos and the only thing osbot can do is not allow us on their site via a ban etc for breaking their tos) BUT that'd cause problems because of the bot. 

Edited by Fringie

I have a new ToS that I wrote up, that is waiting to be implemented. Will edit and throw in spoiler in a moment.

Terms of Service

By clicking "I accept" at the bottom of this page, you hereby agree to the following terms:

OSBot.org, its administrators, beneficiaries, owners, and/or users can not and will not be held liable for any legal and/or financial claim.

OSBot.org reserves the right to suspend access to any and all of its services offered at any given time without the need to supply reason.

OSBot.org does not require payment, any and all payments and/or financial support is the sole decision of the user, and will be considered a donation.

All donations are final, and will not be disputed. No refunds will be given regardless of situation or reason for said refund.

You are not currently registered, subscribed, or in any way take part in any product, website, or otherwise available service produced, sold, or made available by Jagex, its subdivisions, administrators, employees, beneficiaries, or any subdomains, and therefore are not subject to their terms of service.

OSBot.org will cooperate with authorities to prosecute any and all illegal activities conducted on the OSBot.org domain, subdomain, as well as any illegal activity conducted using any product or service provided by OSBot.org.

OSBot.org (OSBot) is not affiliated with Jagex. Subject to Terms and Conditions. All rights reserved.

I accept

Decline

Throwing in a bunch of different conditions is unnecessary, and this is a rough draft of course.

Great except the part were it says you are not subscribed or registered to Jagex or any of their products, blah blah blah. Anyway I'm sure we all have runescape membership, so a botting website were you cant buy membership doesnt make sense.

Actually, that's viable (because we'd be breaking the tos and it doesn't matter to jagex if we break the tos and the only thing osbot can do is not allow us on their site via a ban etc for breaking their tos) BUT that'd cause problems because of the bot.
Basically what you are saying is that we will get banned from a RUNESCAPE botting site because we bought their products? Or is it something else?

Terms of Service

I accept

Decline

Basically what you are saying is that we will get banned from a RUNESCAPE botting site because we bought their products? Or is it something else?

We could if that was the ToS but it wouldn't be enforced, moparscape does that and it's saved moparscape from being closed down multiple times.

really.... a thread about legality and security for the site.....shortly after being responsible for the biggest black mark/security breach in this community.

Don't hate on Kati based on one action (that neither of us know a lot about). She's done a hell of a lot for this site (which I do know), currently she isn't even gaining anything (cba thinking up possible rewards [mental rewards etc]) for helping the site; be a bit more thankful or even just ignore the thread at the very least.

• Like 3

really.... a thread about legality and security for the site.....shortly after being responsible for the biggest black mark/security breach in this community.

Don't hate on Kati based on one action (that neither of us know a lot about). She's done a hell of a lot for this site (which I do know), currently she isn't even gaining anything (cba thinking up possible rewards [mental rewards etc]) for helping the site; be a bit more thankful or even just ignore the thread at the very least.

stahp, you have no idea at all what happened, and except for kati herself, i doubt ANYBODY on this forum knows 100% of the story

the fact that nothing was shared about it makes it worse.  I cant imagine any possible situation that an action like that would be acceptable.  if some one was threatened then contact the authorities. 

the points made on this thread, however ironic, make a lot of sense.

i dont mean to turn this into a flame and will not post on this thread again.  my only point is you dont keep information that makes you look good secret.  You may give her the benefit of the doubt but the only fact we have is she was responsible for the leak and no one seems to know or care why.

Edited by extraenigma

stahp, you have no idea at all what happened, and except for kati herself, i doubt ANYBODY on this forum knows 100% of the story

the fact that nothing was shared about it makes it worse.  I cant imagine any possible situation that an action like that would be acceptable.  if some one was threatened then contact the authorities. 

the points made on this thread, however ironic, make a lot of sense.

i dont mean to turn this into a flame and will not post on this thread again.  my only point is you dont keep information that makes you look good secret.  You may give her the benefit of the doubt but the only fact we have is she was responsible for the leak and no one seems to know or care why.

Unfortunately, it isn't pheasable to brief people that are interested; you'll just have to accept that you don't know enough and you may give your a mild variant of opinion on the matter.. but for all you know all the information you know may be wrong even if told by Admins (they could lie to protect the site etc; lying isn't always for a bad reason).

+ A lil bit extra based on my analysis of the matter itself (based on what I have heard), the leak wasn't nearly as bad as it could've been; assuming what we do know is accurate we got of lightly. I'm sure if she felt their was a way to remedy the issue that she felt more comfortable with she would have done it. Life isn't just black and white (i.e. from personal experience I can tell you that the police are completely useless at times); I'd still of understood it if she leaked the passwords. The compromisation of a site isn't as big of a deal as the possible loss of life (there's a reason why the police take threats so seriously, being overcautious at times is better than shrugging threats of) - I'm sure most people that rob stores etc wouldn't kill but people still are scared and hand over the cash/goods - same situation different context.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I was flicking for the forums in my own spare time, but the most stupid post you've made, I've discussed the issue with other Administrators but what Kati did doesn't add up to me, I've been with the community before you and I would of done the same thing to save my identity.