Give sponsors the ability to lock their own threads

Britney

Should sponsors have the ability to lock their own threads?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Should sponsors have the ability to lock their own threads?

• 2 weeks later...

Granting sponsors this ability will also give them access to unlock their threads. We don't want that.

I have been searching for a hook to patch this, but havn't found one yet, unfortunately.

We don't you want them to unlock their threads?

Say that they want to temporarily close a gold selling thread, then re open it at a later time?

They can use their ability to unlock the thread.

I know that this can be abused, that's why if there is any form of abuse, infractions can be handed out.

I support this. As long as the sponsor can't go back and re-open their thread, no real harm can come from it. Besides, you guys did contribute quite a hefty sum of money!

We don't you want them to unlock their threads?

Say that they want to temporarily close a gold selling thread, then re open it at a later time?

They can use their ability to unlock the thread.

I know that this can be abused, that's why if there is any form of abuse, infractions can be handed out.

• 2 weeks later...

You shouldn't have forums permission just because you have the cash to spend on sponsor.

No support.

Why not?

It saves the staff time and it couldn't possibly do any harm.

This.

I fee like ANYONE should have ability to lock own threads and change own thread titles.

No harm can be done, and it saves mods time and effort for more important matters.

Support.  I don't see any harm in people locking their own threads.

I voted yes.

Since no offense, but the staff we currently have can't handle it all..

Its just to many users and to little staff that is on parttime (due to work etc etc etc).

I can assure you that locking threads isn't a burden to staff, if anything they don't have enough to do.

No support.

So not true, they HAVE quite a bit to do. But IF they actually DO it is a different question.

I see a few staff members VERY active and doing a VERY nice job. However there are still threads that havent been locked... Or are posted in the wrong section etc etc etc.

Edited by Yugod