Ultimate Tutorial Island

Malcolm

On 9/20/2019 at 5:37 AM, krisped said:

can I have a trail pls?

I'd suggest joining the discord and requesting the trial from the bot.

When you do that you'll get the full six hour trial instead of me activating it now and you maybe getting it maybe not getting it.

The bot is there for people to get the maximum out of their trials :)

18 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

I'll look at it.

I'm more curious why theres only 3 letters though. It should type 12 every time

The script had already written the 12 letters but the 3 options appear so I put any letter and the options reappeared, so I tell you that if you can make the script choose one of them.

Have been using this script for the last 4 days or so, this is my take.

Overall the script runs well! Want to say good job Malcolm. The only bug that I've noticed is if the player happens to be standing in the same location as the first tutorial npc (the very first guy you have to talk too) then the bot will just swivel the camera repeatedly until he moves. Moving the player manually and then resuming the script causes it to run smoothly, so I'm assuming that the issue the bot client isn't able to locate the npc if the player occupies the same space as it. Perhaps add a timeout, if the npc isn't located in say 3-5 seconds then have the player move over a couple of paces and retry?

The only request for further features that I have is:

1. Character appearance be randomized. I know that that doesn't have anything to do with ban rates ( as far as I can see anyway ) but I would like to spare the other players from seeing even more kevins if I can help it. Also, if this script is used for something other than suicide botting I think it is best to have a non-kevin appearance. There may be complexity that I'm unaware of, but this also seems a trivial feature to implement.

2. Option for less bot-like name generation. I imagine that this would be a bigger headache than the first request, but again, having more realistic display names I think is beneficial in instances where you aren't purely suicide botting. The easiest way to implement that I think would be the way mentioned here before, input a known taken name and then choose one of the suggested. Perhaps have an option to have the current name generation type, and an option to use the proposed name generation method. 

I'd also like to add that my personal opinion on adding account generation is a big NO. I'm sure Malcolm already knows and feels this way, but the account generation should be accomplished with a bot written in one of the browser automation frameworks (python+selenium, puppeteer.js, etc) and is its own beast separate from the OSRS game client/Bot client. Not to mention, the whole point of this script being paid is so that someone else fixes the script when jagex inevitably switches up tut island. It shouldn't be the responsibility of the script maintainer to worry about any other framework than the botting client. Especially not at a $5 price point.

Again, good script and I've been happy with my purchase. May pm you with a couple of other questions, but thank you much.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought and ran a test account. Going well so far. (Didn't ask for a trial since I know your scripting quality is good).

I agree with @nonreferral on his recommendations..it would be great not to have the 'bot character' look but also to be able to customise the account name a little. Maybe make the name equal to email?

e.g. 

malisgreat@mail.com produces an account with the name 'malisgreat'?

It would also be a nice feature to have the sound setting turned off asap. Can't tell you how many times I've been listening to something else and wondered 'why is the runescape theme playing in the background of this documentary!?..oh wait...'

Could also look at making it set up being fixed screen as soon as possible. Makes for an easy transition to other scripts after.

Edited by Probability

On 10/13/2019 at 10:04 PM, Probability said:

Just bought and ran a test account. Going well so far. (Didn't ask for a trial since I know your scripting quality is good).

I agree with @nonreferral on his recommendations..it would be great not to have the 'bot character' look but also to be able to customise the account name a little. Maybe make the name equal to email?

e.g. 

malisgreat@mail.com produces an account with the name 'malisgreat'?

It would also be a nice feature to have the sound setting turned off asap. Can't tell you how many times I've been listening to something else and wondered 'why is the runescape theme playing in the background of this documentary!?..oh wait...'

Could also look at making it set up being fixed screen as soon as possible. Makes for an easy transition to other scripts after.

@Malcolm, are these something you'd be able to put in?

On 10/19/2019 at 4:43 AM, Malcolm said:

I'll take a look at them. I'll probably add a checkbox for it or something.
I made them the way I did for the sake of efficiency but if people want the option to have accounts look differently and sound turned off etc etc I can certainly look into adding it.

Awesome, thanks! Any idea of when you might have time to do it?

p.s. I also noticed a rare glitch today. The bot got stuck on the part where it finishes cooking the shrimp and then tries to open the gate.

It had selected the cooked shrimp and was trying to use it on the gate, thus stuck. 

Could easily get around by confirming inventory items are not selected before clicking on the gate. I have a similar code for this in one of my scripts I can send you if you'd like an example.

Edited by Probability

8 hours ago, Malcolm said:

@Probability I don't really have an ETA on the update but it shouldn't be too hard to do.

Also checking if the item is selected is easy to do. I'll add that when I push the update for turning off sound etc etc

I use the below snippet from Khaleesi

if (getInventory().isItemSelected()) {
    status = "Deselect item";
    getInventory().deselectItem();
}