Great idea - no skill to do it..what you do?

guywithlsd

So lets say you brainstorm a lot, and one day you come to a legendary idea that no one does yet but it has huge potential.

project is similar to creating lets say - new botting client with some kick ass features that no other clients have.

What you do? how do you find a person to share an idea with to get opinion / answers to your technical questions while not getting the idea stolen from you?

No friends that has anything to do with programming. Or you don't trust ppl you know you could get the answer from.

Spoiler

18 minutes ago, guywithlsd said:

So lets say you brainstorm a lot, and one day you come to a legendary idea that no one does yet but it has huge potential.

project is similar to creating lets say - new botting client with some kick ass features that no other clients have.

What you do? how do you find a person to share an idea with to get opinion / answers to your technical questions while not getting the idea stolen from you?

No friends that has anything to do with programming. Or you don't trust ppl you know you could get the answer from.

Hire someone that could do it. Make them sign a NDA etc.

• Like 1

Well having worked with software for quite a while now, I think that  99% of the time the technical person won't get interested in the idea unless you're paying him.

People always tend to think they got that rock star idea, but it actually isn't.

You know technical people have their own ideas too and don't even pursue those most of the time because they don't find them interesting enough.

EDIT: I think if you can afford it the above suggestions are best

If you can't and it's just technical questions you need. you can always look for help from other software engineers online unrelated to osrs.

Edited by Spider
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, NeonAsura said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Hire someone that could do it. Make them sign a NDA etc.

I would not hire person before I know my idea will be working and possible to do with the budget I have.

First - 2 persons have to understand about what they are talking, what kind of work is waiting - whats the idea - is it possible - long term etc.. then you hire them and you start work.

You will end up in depths if you will hire ppl to work for you before knowing if it's possible to do it and how long it would take : D

14 minutes ago, Spider said:

Well having worked with software for quite a while now, I think that  99% of the time the technical person won't get interested in the idea unless you're paying him.

People always tend to think they got that rock star idea, but it actually isn't.

You know technical people have their own ideas too and don't even pursue those most of the time because they don't find them interesting enough.

EDIT: I think if you can afford it the above suggestions are best

If you can't and it's just technical questions you need. you can always look for help from other software engineers online unrelated to osrs.

exactly, my whole question was where and how to find those software engineers i could trust. I know for a fact my idea is a bomb i'm just not sure how much investment i need and if it's doable and how long project like that would take.

Thanks for opinions tho.

Feel free to send me a PM regarding your idea. I won't disclose any information nor will run away with the idea. Apart from all my vouches and the private script methods of all my customers, that I have never disclosed, I suppose all assurance you have is taking my word for it.

If you don't feel comfortable doing so that's totally cool as well :) .

Edited by Eagle Scripts
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Eagle Scripts said:

^^ This someone should then be somebody who you trust not to run away with your idea with. A reputable member of the community should probably suffice.

As mentioned here. Your best bet is to collaborate with someone who has a lot of reputation on the forums, and coming to an agreement with him/her regarding the details of disclosure etc.. before you let them in on the idea. 

Hard to tell. If your idea lies on the spectrum of a mobile color bot, try and find someone who can do it in the first place(e.g frostbug or swizzbeat.

Should you fancy something like a custom reflection client... just ditch the idea lol. 

Maybe the project is doable with current API methods provided by OSBOT? I would talk to someone trusted first. 

Edited by extatus

On 1/4/2019 at 6:19 PM, Valiant One said:

Sell the idea. Pretty much describe what you can do to someone with capital (money/skill). And the make a deal.

YES thats what i was thinking at some point, but u now..i'm not into get fast money..im more into making something that will works is usable and will bring me LONG TERM profit. 

On 1/4/2019 at 6:29 PM, extatus said:

Hard to tell. If your idea lies on the spectrum of a mobile color bot, try and find someone who can do it in the first place(e.g frostbug or swizzbeat.

Should you fancy something like a custom reflection client... just ditch the idea lol. 

Maybe the project is doable with current API methods provided by OSBOT? I would talk to someone trusted first. 

It is not dude - idea does not have anything to do with botting on OSRS. BUT i can see client similarities to botting ones.

On 1/4/2019 at 3:00 PM, Eagle Scripts said:

Feel free to send me a PM regarding your idea. I won't disclose any information nor will run away with the idea. Apart from all my vouches and the private script methods of all my customers, that I have never disclosed, I suppose all assurance you have is taking my word for it.

If you don't feel comfortable doing so that's totally cool as well :) .

I think i will. I really need to create the questions in english that would not give away idea i have and at a same time would give you the clear idea of what i need (lol)

• Like 1