Question for Staff

Knuckolls

So I have 2 Roomate’s back in Florida

(I will be getting off deployment soon and talked to them about starting services and such for RuneScape)

anyways my 2 Roomate’s want to join the forum and learn the trade (both have played for years on RS and botted here and there)

concerning the “multiple accounts issue” would there be a concern from staff that would warrant them from not being able to do so?

they would be working and listed on my services thread, doing work for me, but all three of us would be using the same router. Would this pose a problem?

im asking because I don’t want to cause an issue in a few weeks when I teach them everything and have them create accounts on here to interact with the community. 

For staff confirming purposes I am totally fine with doing a independent Identity verification via Drivers Licenses to prove that they are indeed real people. 

Thank you if a staff member can shed some light on this.

Edited by Knuckolls

15 minutes ago, dragonite3000 said:

Interested as to see what they say to this. I know even for the people that come back years later, forgot old account passes, end up making a new account, typically get banned for that.

exactly why I am asking ahead of time. I feel like there needs to be some clarification on the matter, I'm looking forward to seeing what the staff team has to say on the matter.

1 minute ago, Anomaly said:

Nothing against you, but I doubt it my man. Gl with your business non the less :)

I just want my roommates to earn their keep, so a little quest/services/goldfarming sweat shop shouldn't be too far out of the picture right x)

And we'd all be on different machines, and can each provide ID, voice chat, skype what have it with the staff team.

(what would be against the rules is to have them working on orders posing as me, therefore I wanted to address this)

also what happens if lets say I didn't tell them about osbot and they actually unbeknownst to me had already joined the forum? and then I get home log in and the admins see 2-3 people on the forums from the same IP address? or what happens if 2 college roomates do the same thing?

there are so many unknowns and this was very grey in the rules and no one has addressed this to my knowledge.

It's like how Jagex had to realize siblings can all play in the same house at the same time and its not one person using multiple accounts back in the day when multiple log ins banning was a thing.

2 hours ago, dragonite3000 said:

Interested as to see what they say to this. I know even for the people that come back years later, forgot old account passes, end up making a new account, typically get banned for that.

Damnn I'm new here, Just created this account because I like the USN. Just checked rule 14... Can I like delete the other account somehow before I get banned :(

5 minutes ago, Spider said:

Damnn I'm new here, Just created this account because I like the USN. Just checked rule 14... Can I like delete the other account somehow before I get banned :(

Contact an moderator or administrator. I'm sure @Decode would be more than willing to help you out. Also there is a subforum you need to fill something out in but I'm blanking on that.

• Heart 1

Since you have lifetime sponsor, and they'll be multiple accounts from the same IP address, we're a lot more lenient. Especially since our main issue with multiple accounts is people abusing the client/trial scripts system. However, i'll have to have a chat with @Maldesto to get you final confirmation that this is okay before proceeding. 

• Like 1
  • Mald 1

• Decode locked this topic
  • Administrator
6 hours ago, dragonite3000 said:

No they don't.  They get told their old info and then that account gets banned as we dont allow multiple accounts.

As to op. As decode said since you have lifetime sponsor etc we will allow it. We do however require you to send a list to the staff so we can monitor it. 

You will be responsible for any scams that happen under your ip. So if one of them scams you will be twc along with everyone on your ip.

Also if they move out or you move out you will need to update us with that also.

• Heart 1