Botted 4 hours - Main got Perma Banned - Not appealable

sambist68

I just successfully appealed a ban on a 6 year main with 2 prior bot busting bans. No proxy. No appeal option. 

Put in an appeal like you did 9 days ago. Unbanned today. I'm assuming it was related to me playing legit (writing AHK for everything) and only actually botting for under a day making it look like my account was stolen.

So if your story is true you could have a chance at appealing.

I know I'm stupid. I don't know why did I come back to botting on my freaking main. I had quitted Runescape for a while and had recently come back. I played RS2 back in the day, so I'm almost maxed on RS3. Then on OSRS I played for almost a year and a half (legit), then 2 weeks ago I got tired of the grind till 99 cooking (I was like 96 cooking hand trained) and wanted to try botting. I guess I was just too trusting of having bought a premium script, since I had always used free scripts when I botted a lot of years ago (never on my main).

I just hope they give me my account back. A temporary would have been enough to make me realize its not worth it. I'm not even that much involved in the game to care about botting alts or farming gold (i'd rather buy it tbh). I mostly logged in to talk with friends.

So yeah, don't be stupid, don't bot accounts you care about. Don't bot your main. Don't bot an account you are not willing to loose under any and all circumstances, no matter how careful you think you are being, how much you baby sit your bot, how few hours you bot a day, how many breaks your bot takes, or if the bot it's supposed to have "antiban", "antipatern", "AFK mode", etc. Premium bots may offer more and better functionality but they don't assure the safety of your account. 

A lot of people get "lucky" with botting and never get banned, that's fine, but get lucky with accounts you don't mind loosing if your streak breaks.

That's all I can say and the most I can contribute to the community. I'm really sad and frustrated. It feels almost surreal to have had my main banned. I have been coming on and off of RS for 15 years, but had never quitted for good.

1 minute ago, sambist68 said:

I know I'm stupid. I don't know why did I come back to botting on my freaking main. I had quitted Runescape for a while and had recently come back. I played RS2 back in the day, so I'm almost maxed on RS3. Then on OSRS I played for almost a year and a half (legit), then 2 weeks ago I got tired of the grind till 99 cooking (I was like 96 cooking hand trained) and wanted to try botting. I guess I was just too trusting of having bought a premium script, since I had always used free scripts when I botted a lot of years ago (never on my main).

I just hope they give me my account back. A temporary would have been enough to make me realize its not worth it. I'm not even that much involved in the game to care about botting alts or farming gold (i'd rather buy it tbh). I mostly logged in to talk with friends.

So yeah, don't be stupid, don't bot accounts you care about. Don't bot your main. Don't bot an account you are not willing to loose under any and all circumstances, no matter how careful you think you are being, how much you baby sit your bot, how few hours you bot a day, how many breaks your bot takes, or if the bot it's supposed to have "antiban", "antipatern", "AFK mode", etc. Premium bots may offer more and better functionality but they don't assure the safety of your account. 

A lot of people get "lucky" with botting and never get banned, that's fine, but get lucky with accounts you don't mind loosing if your streak breaks.

That's all I can say and the most I can contribute to the community. I'm really sad and frustrated. It feels almost surreal to have had my main banned. I have been coming on and off of RS for 15 years, but had never quitted for good.

well you at least learned a tough lesson.

also.. post count :doge:

On 9/12/2018 at 4:01 PM, dragonite3000 said:

Lol for you guys to still think this antiban stuff works. It's beyond me

Never said I did, just quoted for the record all the setting I was using.

I'm stupid for botting on my main, not for activating those settings. They may or may not make the bot less detectable, but I don't think they do any evil, unless you believe you will literally become unbannable lol.

20 hours ago, sambist68 said:

Never said I did, just quoted for the record all the setting I was using.

I'm stupid for botting on my main, not for activating those settings. They may or may not make the bot less detectable, but I don't think they do any evil, unless you believe you will literally become unbannable lol.

No, it literally does nothing - at all. Don't even consider it doing anything to make it less detectable. 

I could be wrong but I was under the impression that Jagex doesnt always immediately ban upon detection. It doesn't seem out of this world to suggest that a lot of accounts that survive botting for a while didn't escape immediate detection but were just spared a few days/weeks to obscure their bot detection. I could be wrong but the fact that you were banned that fast being the script's fault seems like a false premise. Every script gets you banned eventually.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tony said:

I could be wrong but I was under the impression that Jagex doesnt always immediately ban upon detection. It doesn't seem out of this world to suggest that a lot of accounts that survive botting for a while didn't escape immediate detection but were just spared a few days/weeks to obscure their bot detection. I could be wrong but the fact that you were banned that fast being the script's fault seems like a false premise. Every script gets you banned eventually.

An intelligent post, well explained.

• Like 1