How is a Jagex Moderator Comment Evidence - Deleted post OSRS subreddit.

Yowhite

Yeah false bans as far as I'm don't usually happen (though they can happen in rare cases), I feel that the person screwing with your firemaking was just a player rather than a Jmod. Though with your chat off and not responding, you are likely to get a lot of reports. I have chat disabled on all my accounts tho since talking to people on 5 different accounts will just ruin efficiency :') 

19 hours ago, RoomScape said:

You do realize that in the T.O.S. of playing RuneScape, jagex put that everything in the game is their property and they are letting you use it for as long as you want. They also stated that since it's their property, they have the right to do whatever they want, whenever they want. Whether that be ban, mute, roll back, whatever.

So while I do get your point, you already agreed to their T.O.S. when you created your account. You can't really cry about it now. You can try to post on social media to try and get it reversed but anything they do is because they want to and they have the right to since you already agreed to it when you made your account.

You are 100% correct in stating that I have already agreed to their T.O.S.. However back in 2007 they also did whatever they liked and almost killed Runescape. The one things good games have in common is listening to the community and going off their feedback. If they listened in 2007 things wouldnt have been so bad. That why I think people not being allowed to critisize on reddit is a grave mistake. My goal was to spark up a discussion and to see if there were likeminded people out there. In the end we all enjoy the same thing. Honest critisism is the best feedback you can receive from a consumer. 

Now I understand we cant really discuss anything further and this topic was dead before it started so thank you for you time and response. Cheers fella

17 hours ago, ez11 said:

Lol @ this reply

They have more evidence than you not responding to some asking if you are a bot. False bans almost never happen.

And even of they false ban you its a game company not a lawyer

Im not to keen on one liners. False bans do happen and a lot more often then you might think.  roflcopter @ your response. 

Edited by Yowhite

18 hours ago, GPSwap said:

Firstly, I'm liking your tinfoil hat very stylish, but I have to say jmods don't run around the game on 'normal' accounts looking for bots, a large part of the community don't like bots despite the fact we keep the econ running, and as such try and break visible bots.
Secondly, Jagex has no responsibility to give valid evidence, in TOS your acc can be banned at any point without reason, you don't own your account Jagex does.

Thirdly Jagex moderator comment, means the jmod who applied the ban left a comment on the ban reason, so if you try appeal it, whoever is dealing with it has extra information without them giving away how they detected your rule breaking(more importantly the specific thing they detected) and giving information away as to how they do it, its a internal comment regarding your ban, not that you was banned because a jmod decided he didn't like you and couldn't find evidence that you broke a rule.

Thank you, I'm also a big Illuminati believer, religious advocate and feminist. I understand, they got me good there, busting my firemaking grind. To addres your second point, I totally agree and you are right, Jagex can do whatever the F they want. However like I posted in my post above this one. The community is what makes a game, if they lack in improving their systems or going off feedback it might die off. Now I have been playing since 2004 and I know what it was like, there is nothing I would like more for our community to grow back to what it was. I think improving their feedback channel and keeping a short line with the community is a key part of that. 

Is your third point a fact ? Or do you think that is what is happening ? If so how do you know ? For all I know that extra information might be my playtime or played hours in the past 7 days. Well for some players those hours might be 14 hours a day for that last 7 days. A mod will almost certainly think it is a bot then because they wont see break or very few as some really hardcore people just eat lunch in front of the PC or order something without even logging out. 

18 minutes ago, Yowhite said:

You are 100% correct in stating that I have already agreed to their T.O.S.. However back in 2007 they also did whatever they liked and almost killed Runescape. The one things good games have in common is listening to the community and going off their feedback. If they listened in 2007 things wouldnt have been so bad. That why I think people not being allowed to critisize on reddit is a grave mistake. My goal was to spark up a discussion and to see if there were likeminded people out there. In the end we all enjoy the same thing. Honest critisism is the best feedback you can receive from a consumer. 

Now I understand we cant really discuss anything further and this topic was dead before it started so thank you for you time and response. Cheers fella

Im not to keen on one liners. False bans do happen and a lot more often then you might think.  roflcopter @ your response. 

what exactly is your goal with this post?

everyone on this forum knows how rarely you get banned if you arent goldfarming or doing specific tasks and you keep posting random shit storys about false bans?

20 hours ago, Yowhite said:

Question for the fellas of Runescape:

How can a COMMENT be a bannable offence while there are many options to disable the chat box?

Lets not f about and get straight to my point. There are a lot of ''solo'' runescape players whom just play for themselves and try not to interact with others. Some will interact more and some will interact less. Being an iron man for example will let you play more soloplayer OSRS instead of multiplayer. Furthermore does runescape(jagex) have the option to put your public chat, friends chat and clan chat on mute(off). This means you basicly talk to no one in the game because you just cant see them talk. These options are implemented for I expect the players to enjoy the solo game more. Yet you still can get banned by a comment. Now this is something that really baffles me.

IN GAME EXAMPLE: I was firemaking at the GE a while back. Some guy which I suspect to be a undercover mod from jagex tried to mess up my ''routine'' to check if I wasnt a bot. So he would make a fire in between my fires so a bot would ''bust'' because there would be a spot where it wasnt possible to make a fire. Honest work if you ask me. I asked him; Are you checking if I am not a bot? Obviously he did not respond. This case still got me a 2 day ban with as evidence a ''Jagex Moderator Comment.''

Banned by a comment ?

To have someone actually try and bust your bot brings me to the following conclusion; They cant actually check it and they want it to bust to ban you. If they cant get it to bust and still think you are a bot (or just dont like you). Then they just put Jagex Moderator Comment as evidence and the fact that you are using third party software. Now this method really gets me going because it is such a flawed method. I have seen multiple cases of 1 or 2 day and even permanent bans with the evidence saying it was a Jagex Moderator Comment and owners of accounts claiming on the forums they had done nothing wrong.

Ofcourse I know 99% of those claims were probably legit bans but the 1% is what im standing up for. The people who get banned because they didnt respond to a guy asking hey whatsup. As someone who likes to multi task while playing OSRS, I almost never respond to people asking me stuff. I just cant be bothered and some people take it as that I am a bot which obviously isnt the case, they might even report me for it. Sometimes while watching netflix I just missed the guy who asked me stuff and he might also think I was a bot. You get my drift.

Powerplays (Thanos that u?)

Having talked about the method and why I think it isnt working for Jagex leaves me with one more point to make. Giving your mods the power to ban a player based on their comments or questions is dangerous. This power can be mis-used in many ways and I can actually be very certain it has. If a mod thinks he looks like a bot but I dont want to bother staying longer and asking him. Might as wel report him right away. BOOM banned! Some people get angry when people(might be undercover mods) bother them, ''why are you asking me if im a bot, you .........!'' . This undercover mod might ban him just for that.

I referred a lot of my friends to this game. As we all know level 3's have very high ban rates. Some of my friends are still students and play crazy hours. 13 Hours a day maybe with very little breaking. You know how gamers get when they get into a game. Now some have been unfairly banned the way mentioned above. I suspect it had to do with them not answering and the hours played but I am to this day not sure. Some have quit because of it.

My personal opinion: Yes the new updates are awesome and the jagex team is doing a stand up job on those, however the flow of new players to this game is alarmingly low, the support and ban system is also poor and not at all transparant. I think those 2 things are deeply related to each other. I understand you dont want botters to get the best of it but dont let your community suffer over the few bad people. After all the community is what makes and pays your game.

Disclaimer: THIS IS A PERSONAL OPINION BASED ON MY IG EXPERIENCE AND POSTS ON FORUMS. 

Obviously this has been written from a non-botter perspective however that doesnt negate the points being made here. I would very much like your thoughts on this subject just for a matter of fun. Im not trying to prove a point, fight the system or rant about how being banned is unfair. I understand the risks of botting and that is not what this post is about,  however I do think the support and ban system are majorly flawed and not very attractive to new players. This post has been removed by the OSRS subreddit before someone could see it. 

TL:DR

The fact that you can put every chat option on mute and still get banned by a comment is incoherently wrong.

The fact that a single moderator has the power to give out bans can and has been mis-used.

The use of third party software and not answering questions does not mean you are 180% a bot.

Years of progress down the drain deserves more of an explanation then just ''banned by a comment and third party software.''

The flow of new players is alarmingly low, the support, ban and appeal system is also poor and not transparant. The community suffers over a small part of bad guys.

I understand man.

I'ts like a condom with holes.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ez11 said:

what exactly is your goal with this post?

everyone on this forum knows how rarely you get banned if you arent goldfarming or doing specific tasks and you keep posting random shit storys about false bans?

Its literaly in the post you quoted. ''My goal was to spark up a discussion and to see if there were likeminded people out there.''

You can try and be mad about my post but it wont trigger me at all, if you dont like it just dont respond. If you read the disclaimer you will see I stated this post was based on my personal opinion. Obviously there are going to be somethings in there, which im wrong about and I get that. However that doenst negate the overal spirit of the post or the points being made. There are people out there getting falsely banned no matter how hard you scream that it isnt the case. Now I dont mind the 5% of people who get banned falsely, it just a result of a flawed system. Which is what im pointing out in my post. Now I know my post is not going to change this but like I stated in my OP, I enjoy a disccusion and this will get my post count up. ?

Also as a botter myself, I know if you take care of certain aspects you will rarely get banned. Things such as playtime, breaks and avoiding patterns. A normal player wont take these things into account and they shouldnt have to, if for some sort of reason they still end up being banned. They should get fair treatment and the ability to communicate about the situation, which isnt the case at all now. 

3 hours ago, Yowhite said:

I remember being like 13and cursing out jagex and getting reported by wannabe mods all the time. The only thing that happened was a 24-48 hour mute each time. I had about 10 offenses on my account also. I really don’t think you got banned for criticizing the game when that happens daily already but who knows. I don’t fully know what’s going on so can’t talk much about it. 

5 hours ago, Yowhite said:

Thank you, I'm also a big Illuminati believer, religious advocate and feminist. I understand, they got me good there, busting my firemaking grind. To addres your second point, I totally agree and you are right, Jagex can do whatever the F they want. However like I posted in my post above this one. The community is what makes a game, if they lack in improving their systems or going off feedback it might die off. Now I have been playing since 2004 and I know what it was like, there is nothing I would like more for our community to grow back to what it was. I think improving their feedback channel and keeping a short line with the community is a key part of that. 

Is your third point a fact ? Or do you think that is what is happening ? If so how do you know ? For all I know that extra information might be my playtime or played hours in the past 7 days. Well for some players those hours might be 14 hours a day for that last 7 days. A mod will almost certainly think it is a bot then because they wont see break or very few as some really hardcore people just eat lunch in front of the PC or order something without even logging out. 

point 3 is fact, asked a jmod about it @ a jagex event 

• 1 year later...
On 6/22/2018 at 12:53 AM, RoomScape said:

You do realize that in the T.O.S. of playing RuneScape, jagex put that everything in the game is their property and they are letting you use it for as long as you want. They also stated that since it's their property, they have the right to do whatever they want, whenever they want. Whether that be ban, mute, roll back, whatever.

So while I do get your point, you already agreed to their T.O.S. when you created your account. You can't really cry about it now. You can try to post on social media to try and get it reversed but anything they do is because they want to and they have the right to since you already agreed to it when you made your account.

true, but still dick move