Permanent Ban Appeals

liverare

13-year-old account got permanently banned in 2010 for botting.

Appealed for an unban this year. It was accepted as "significant time has passed" and that it was an "extremely rare case" for them to have unbanned it. The email I received was from Mod River.

8-year-old account got permanently banned in 2014 for botting.

Appealed for an unban this year. It was rejected. The email I received was from Mod Gnarly.

Make of this what you will.

Just now, liverare said:

13-year-old account got permanently banned in 2010 for botting.

Appealed for an unban this year. It was accepted as "significant time has passed" and that it was an "extremely rare case" for them to have unbanned it. The email I received was from Mod River.

8-year-old account got permanently banned in 2014 for botting.

Appealed for an unban this year. It was rejected. The email I received was from Mod Gnarly.

Make of this what you will.

same deal, had two 2009 accounts unbanned, and yet 3 2013 accounts were rejected.

3 minutes ago, Signatures said:

Mod gnarly has denied my appeals too, guys a cunt.

He's probably just doing his due diligence; Mod River could be too lenient. What I may end up doing is seeing if I can pass a message along to Mod River to see if I can get him to take a second look. That, or I'll try appealing again in a few years. However, they did mention in the email that it was a "final" decision, but hey, if a permanent ban isn't permanent, then final isn't final. Never say never. :)

Edited by liverare

It would be nice for people who've requested appeals to provide their responses, so we can perhaps map out:

• How long after a ban should you wait?
  • Which moderators are most forgiving?
  • Are there anomalies, such as a not-so-old account with an not-so-old ban being unbanned, and by who?

Edited by liverare

2 minutes ago, liverare said:

It would be nice for people who've requested appeals to provide their responses, so we can perhaps map out:

• How long after a ban should you wait?
  • Which moderators are most forgiving?
  • Are there anomalies, such as a not-so-old account with an not-so-old ban being unbanned, and by who?

Dont think waiting matters ive appealed soon as i notice bans, and waited a week to get same results, some accepted, some denied.

Ive had the same mod accept some a few times...cant find emails or really remember his name, but all i know is gnarly is a douche.

Some accounts were months old, some are few years, one got denied and its 10+

3 minutes ago, Dard said:

I don't know why y'all crying... you botted, you broke the rules.. sometimes you're lucky and sometimes you're not.

I'm not sure where you're getting that impression. I've shared my results to help give some insight into the appeal process for others who may attempt to file their own appeals too. It's also a learning exercise, and I'm curious to find out whether there's a criteria we can discover and work with. :)

Edited by liverare
  • Like 1