making a questing script

TheMcPker

Hey guys i found out i need 7qp for some of my f2p farm scripts to allow muling always

i have a few questions about quest scripts in terms of easiest way to make them

1. how do i track progress of the quest im on   example can i get like a % done since quest logs get updated when you do certain steps in a quest

2. how do i track which quests i have completed

3. easy way to check how many quest points i have

looking for small snippets of code im not new to making scripts however i never made a quest script using osbot and rarely did on other bot clients so im sure i don't know all tips/tricks

1. how do i track progress of the quest im on   example can i get like a % done since quest logs get updated when you do certain steps in a quest

There's a thing in osrs called configs. Each each config id holds information about the state of the quest. Eg. Cooks assistant config id is 29 and it has the following values:
0 - not started

1 - started quest by speaking to the cook

2 - finished quest after giving all items

You can check config id's and values by enabling them in Osbot - Options - Configs. Then when you're doing a quest just write down which quest state represents which id/value.

2. how do i track which quests i have completed

you can either use OSBot API 

quests.isCompleted(Quest.COOKS_ASSITANt);

but it sometimes doesn't work properly (I think it uses colours in quest tab to determine the state), I recommend knowing each quest config id and it's completion value. Eg 

// Is cooks assistant finished
if (configs.get(29) >= 2) {
  log("Quest is done!');
}

3. easy way to check how many quest points i have

int questPoints = quests.getQuestPoints(); // I think it's this method

3 minutes ago, nosepicker said:

There's a thing in osrs called configs. Each each config id holds information about the state of the quest. Eg. Cooks assistant config id is 29 and it has the following values:
0 - not started

1 - started quest by speaking to the cook

2 - finished quest after giving all items

You can check config id's and values by enabling them in Osbot - Options - Configs. Then when you're doing a quest just write down which quest state represents which id/value.

you can either use OSBot API 

quests.isCompleted(Quest.COOKS_ASSITANt);

but it sometimes doesn't work properly (I think it uses colours in quest tab to determine the state), I recommend knowing each quest config id and it's completion value. Eg 

// Is cooks assistant finished
if (configs.get(29) >= 2) {
  log("Quest is done!');
}

int questPoints = quests.getQuestPoints(); // I think it's this method

Thanks alot so there is not really a way of getting the % completed of the quest? so i would have to track progress in the quest by identifying certain dialogs mostlikely which can be a bit of a pain

3 minutes ago, TheMcPker said:

Thanks alot so there is not really a way of getting the % completed of the quest? so i would have to track progress in the quest by identifying certain dialogs mostlikely which can be a bit of a pain

configs track the quest progress. 

P.S- there are like 10,000 7-point questing scripts already made in the local scripts section. You could see how one of them did it (but don't expect it to be the only way something can be done). 

Edited by Project
  • Like 1

On 1/11/2018 at 4:05 AM, Project said:

configs track the quest progress. 

P.S- there are like 10,000 7-point questing scripts already made in the local scripts section. You could see how one of them did it (but don't expect it to be the only way something can be done). 

There's only one good one though ;)

Edited by withoutidols