Can Runescape actually detect OSbot Client?

jayngering

Hello,

I am curious if Runescape can detect the OSbot client. I recently got a 48 hour ban on my account. I have not botted much and when I do bot ai am almost always around the screen to occasionally speak/avoid issues. 

Surprised that I was banned after such a short time and how varied my activity was. 

In the ban, they say they can 100% detect all botting clients. How likely is this and how safe am I to continue using very occasionally again?

Thanks.

Any response made in this thread which answers your original question is baseless.

17 minutes ago, Vap0r said:

Not from what I have tested, There is definitely methods and interactions OSBot uses by default that JAgex can detect, but this can be avoided if you write your own scripts.

I'd like to see where you found this detection.

Edit: You should try asking questions like "what have you guys done that improves success in botting?" Nobody knows the answer to your question except the antibot team.

8 minutes ago, Alek said:

Any response made in this thread which answers your original question is baseless.

I'd like to see where you found this detection.

Edit: You should try asking questions like "what have you guys done that improves success in botting?" Nobody knows the answer to your question except the antibot team.

default api having static af interactions across any instance run vs runescape clients mouseinput* class which includes times and locations of interactions? :(
The "random" spread osbot client interactions use is 60-70 ms between mouse down and mouse up every time and considering that alone is outrageously fast and almost impossible for a normal person to do, if that alone was looked at any script using your interaction events would be seen as the same innit :( so ASSUMING they can detect patterns you're pretty feqqed 

Edited by Isolate

There is no way to know if they can detect the client or not, and if they could detect any osrs client, it would be to their benefit to not tell us specifically which clients they could detect. That statement is a generic automated message, sent to most accounts that are banned/suspended. It's in their best interest to deter you from botting on that account again after giving you the temporary ban.

Many people believe if you use public scripts you are more likely to get banned because your character will be following a limited number of patterns, which can have been used by many people before you. Nobody knows exactly how Jagex detects someone botting, except Jagex employees.

There is no perfect way to prevent your account from getting banned while botting, but there are methods which can help prevent Jagex from obtaining enough information about you/your account to determine if you are botting or not.

Nothing is set in stone, and Jagex is constantly trying to advance their detection methods, so its best to bot only a few hours a day and pray you don't get banned <3 

1 minute ago, Isolate said:

default api having static af interactions across any instance run vs runescape clients mouserecorder class which includes times and locations of interactions? :(
The "random" spread osbot client interactions use is 60-70 ms between mouse down and mouse up every time and considering that alone is outrageously fast and almost impossible for a normal person to do, if that alone was looked at any script using your interaction events would be seen as the same innit :( so ASSUMING they can detect patterns you're pretty feqqed 

You do not have proof of what they are detecting or are not detecting. By this same logic you can say that other bots must use mouse clicks that are under 100ms, because they get bans as well.

1 minute ago, WhoKnew said:

Not taking sides, but I will add:
I've been botting just about 24/7 since Thursday(roughly 4-5 days) . 
Brand new account, i've been banned before on several accounts, been using only scripts i've made recently, and using this account to test them

No ban yet. 

You will certainly get banned by your own script, don't think for a second that private scripts will make a difference. Bot responsibly, especially if you don't want to lose those accounts.

Just now, Alek said:

You will certainly get banned by your own script, don't think for a second that private scripts will make a difference. Bot responsibly, especially if you don't want to lose those accounts.

Like I said, not taking sides. I know the risks. I use the break handler and that's it. Forgot to add that. I also change it daily. 

2 minutes ago, Alek said:

You do not have proof of what they are detecting or are not detecting. By this same logic you can say that other bots must use mouse clicks that are under 100ms, because they get bans as well.

Nothing is for sure, but nothing is pointless, I have proof of what data they record and store during runtime, there are different types of ban messages and statuses issued.
No I don't think they can see you using a client, but we aren't getting client bans, we are getting the same bans people who macro through the default client are getting,
Which only leaves the interactions to look at (mainly, of course there's other factors).

If mirror wasn't any more than an attempt to make it look like something is done around here you'd see variations in the bans across the two clients.

You're oddly adamant that everything is futile for someone who should be on the other side of the fence, and i wont take "someone has tried it before" when nothing has been tried here in years bar janky api updates nobody needs.

Wish you were on the botwatch team instead, the "No point, they can always one up us" mentality would help us atleast.

5 minutes ago, 0srsplayer said:

i think they can tell your playing on a 3rd party but not what 3rd party client your playing on.

I haven't personally looked at whats included in the client gamepack, but I do believe this is true. Although many of the 3rd party clients are used to help the user have a better experience playing the game, so just because someone is using a 3rd party client has nothing to do with bans

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Isolate said:

Nothing is for sure, but nothing is pointless, I have proof of what data they record and store during runtime, there are different types of ban messages and statuses issued.
No I don't think they can see you using a client, but we aren't getting client bans, we are getting the same bans people who macro through the default client are getting,
Which only leaves the interactions to look at (mainly, of course there's other factors).

If mirror wasn't any more than an attempt to make it look like something is done around here you'd see variations in the bans across the two clients.

You're oddly adamant that everything is futile for someone who should be on the other side of the fence, and i wont take "someone has tried it before" when nothing has been tried here in years bar janky api updates nobody needs.

Wish you were on the botwatch team instead, the "No point, they can always one up us" mentality would help us atleast.

Agreed with this, (Especially the last part),  

I myself have tested hours on end with many different variables and I was more "successful" using a mouse recording software on a botting client (didn't matter which one,) than using a public script to do the same task on any client I tested.