School laptop

Maldesto

Personally I would recommend a Xiaomi Notebook Air 13.3 or the Xiaomi Notebook 12", it's an up and coming software company from china (they also make great smartphones). It comes with a good processor (comparable to mac quality), at a fraction of the cost.  You can get the 12" for ~$500 , and the 13.3 for around $800 at current market. They have gotten very good reviews.  You know where to find me if you have any questions.

On 11/23/2017 at 2:01 AM, Tutorial Island said:

Surface pro is very bad , it overheats and is fragile, and has very expensive replacement parts.

It doesn't.. You can use Intel XTU and do a slight undervolt. Never had problems with my current Surface Pro 3 i5. Running OSBuddy, multiple chome-tabs and VS || IntellJ fine.
It's very, very convenient for school. Every laptop is fragile so it depends how you take care of it.

@OP Don't get any Chromebooks or Xiaomi Air etc.. They are too underpowered, may be portable but don't think it can serve the right purposes. 

Suggestions:

Dell XPS 13 (This looks really good, I owned one and everyone were saying about the good aesthetics)

Surface Pro 3/4/5 (Slightly more expensive but I am using one now and I would say it's super super convenient.)

LG Gram (Portable & Sleek)

Maybe you have to take note of your power-brick size when purchasing since some of them are rather heavy. 

Edited by Tempest

4 hours ago, Tempest said:

It doesn't.. You can use Intel XTU and do a slight undervolt. Never had problems with my current Surface Pro 3 i5. Running OSBuddy, multiple chome-tabs and VS || IntellJ fine.
It's very, very convenient for school. Every laptop is fragile so it depends how you take care of it.

@OP Don't get any Chromebooks or Xiaomi Air etc.. They are too underpowered, may be portable but don't think it can serve the right purposes. 

Suggestions:

Dell XPS 13 (This looks really good, I owned one and everyone were saying about the good aesthetics)

Surface Pro 3/4/5 (Slightly more expensive but I am using one now and I would say it's super super convenient.)

Maybe you have to take note of your power-brick size when purchasing since some of them are rather heavy. 

Every single person who had a surface pro in my school had their screen broken their laptops were overheating and shutting down mid classes.... the laptops didn't last 3 months

11 hours ago, Tempest said:

Suggestions:

Didn't know an 8th gen i7/i5 was underpowered

9 hours ago, Muffins said:

Didn't know an 8th gen i7/i5 was underpowered

All the portable laptops are underpowered? They have a U suffix behind them. They stand for low-power usage and that means it's slow!
Furthermore, I am not sure if @OP wants to get XiaoMi since they are fairly new in the laptop industry.. They were previously making Phones, Tablets, Fridges, Television.. Etc.. Now on laptops, and the phones I used from XiaoMi died after a year of usage.

Edited by Tempest

17 minutes ago, Tempest said:

All the portable laptops are underpowered? They have a U suffix behind them. They stand for low-power usage and that means it's slow!
Furthermore, I am not sure if @OP wants to get XiaoMi since they are fairly new in the laptop industry.. They were previously making Phones, Tablets, Fridges, Television.. Etc.. Now on laptops, and the phones I used from XiaoMi died after a year of usage.

The XiaoMi laptops have got nothing but praise from not only the big tech channels, but others as well. It's a school laptop, it would be perfectly fine. The u suffix while it does mean low power usage, doesnt mean its slow.

• Like 1