Chances of being unbanned?

Bearr

12 minutes ago, Bearr said:

Hmm, i mean i've seen people get unbanned, even though they were botting. There's services to get your account unbanned

I've heard of it - but I've never seen any proof of it. You could try these services but they generally charge a ridiculous amount and there's nothing I see them doing that you couldn't do yourself.

There's no real argument you could make about botting because there's no proof you can provide that shows you weren't botting. You could claim you used a client like RSHD which is recognized as a bot and used mouse keys or maybe say you played on a tablet or something but those are your only reasonable hope that I could think of.

Just now, Bearr said:

how would i appeal? it won't let me do it from account status?

Gotten loads of accounts unbanned, but something i've noticed is that they seem to only unban accounts that i bought. They send you an email that says something like "we've determined that the owner of the account was not present during the time of the offense, therefore we have reversed the offense." This makes sense when using a bought account because the ip that the ban took place on is usually vastly different than the ip of creation/of the owner. Dunno if that's what they use to determine it, but it's definitely a pattern i've noticed. I've never gotten any accounts unbanned from a perm that i created myself. 

Also you submit the appeal here: https://support.runescape.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115002238729-Account-Bans

5 minutes ago, ForBobo said:

Gotten loads of accounts unbanned, but something i've noticed is that they seem to only unban accounts that i bought. They send you an email that says something like "we've determined that the owner of the account was not present during the time of the offense, therefore we have reversed the offense." This makes sense when using a bought account because the ip that the ban took place on is usually vastly different than the ip of creation/of the owner. Dunno if that's what they use to determine it, but it's definitely a pattern i've noticed. I've never gotten any accounts unbanned from a perm that i created myself. 

Also you submit the appeal here: https://support.runescape.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115002238729-Account-Bans

yeah, I'm currently at a different place than the place where i created the account, still in the same state though. Thanks for the help

6 minutes ago, Juggles said:

Email jagex. Got my max main unbanned

is email jagex better than going through through their appeal link?

1 hour ago, Bearr said:

how would i appeal? it won't let me do it from account status?

Go to forgotten password, say you don't have access to Email, then fill out the recovery form.

In the comments section make sure to mention that you think you were hijacked, or some shit story like that, and easily unbanned. 

Have done this personally :)