Scripting

Titan Rs

Hi guys, i've recently finished final exams and have a fuck load of time off. I've always been really interested in the idea of scripting and inspired by other people in the community who have managed to create their own successful gold farms. I hope one day i will be able to script automatic farms and database etc, i know it will be hard af but i quite enjoy coding and the challenge. As i said i have a lot of time off and and lot of time to put towards scripting. I dont mind going the long way if it means i have better and cleaner code.

I'm not a total beginner, i did use visual basic with functions, variables, arrays and stuff a couple years back for GCSE's and created a website for fun. Not a very good one but i did learn HTML and CSS. But i know VB isn't really a language and HTML and CSS isn't really the same

Do you fellow scripters have any advice where to start. Should i learn java first on codecademy?

Any good books to read, or should i dive straight into looking at code etc.

Thank You for any help, and apologies in advance if i ask some retarded questions in the next couple months :)

I would personally recommend looking at a few tutorials here on the site and give those a shot. It sounds like you have at least a basic understanding of programming in general, and thats all you really need to get started with some tutorials. You will likely have an easier time if you follow tutorials that use states (regarding on site tutorials). If you find yourself struggling the whole way through, then I would suggest trying to learn more about java / common programming concepts and patterns. One of the best things you could do is to find a mentor that can help you when you get stuck. Its easy for new programmers to get stuck for multiple hours on a fairly simple issue that an experienced programmer could likely solve within minutes. Good luck with everything, I hope it works out for you.

• Like 1