My Mining Rig Build Project

Jordan

• 2 weeks later...

It's been exactly one month and I've been paid 1.1315 ZEC which is about $260 bucks at todays price. I had around 5-6 days accumulated downtime between power outages, heating issues and laziness. I have been actively investing in bitcoin though, rode the rise from $4700 to $6700. So made some good money :) Finally got the rig steady the last 2 weeks, so next month should be a lot smoother. Knock on wood. 

Cost is around $1.56 electricity per 24 hours (assuming 24/7 uptime).

Revenue is around $9.88 per 24 hours (assuming 247 uptime). 

Profit is around $8.32 per 24 hours (assuming 24/7 uptime). Calculates out to about a year (from now) before an ROI on pure mining profits assuming profitability stays the same. Assuming a rate of decline it could be more than that.  

Luckily I've been making good profit trading the crypto that I've been mining which was my goal. Including investments I've already made more than my money back and it doesn't look like it will stop soon. 

Edited by Jordan
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Jordan said:

$400 total mined. 

After trades it's already a few thousand. Not exactly sure because I have other investments in there so I'm not sure how much I've made off the $400 alone.

Also about $100 spent on electricity so far. 

Interested in what hardware you are using. I have heard good things about Genesis mining producing huge passive gains for people, but of course if you're dropping 2k + into it, there is a small chance the difficulty of the mining could get to hard to get roi+ profit. 

9 hours ago, Tigger said:

thats terrible lol

Yeah, the number itself isn't impressive. I had my fair share of struggles keeping it online 24/7 but now that it's stable and at 2300-2500 sol/s I'm looking at  $340~ at current rates, $320 with downtimes conservatively.

I should make it clear that It makes sense for me to operate even at $100-150 a month because I'm pumping the money into investments, $340 is gravy. Mining isn't for everyone, I'm not acting like this is a get rich quick method.

9 hours ago, Anomaly said:

Interested in what hardware you are using. I have heard good things about Genesis mining producing huge passive gains for people, but of course if you're dropping 2k + into it, there is a small chance the difficulty of the mining could get to hard to get roi+ profit. 

It's in the OP. I looked into genesis mining but it costs $4,900 for 2 years for 175MH/s on ethereum which is what I get out of my rig, plus I have actual hardware that I could get rid of if needed. Could be a good idea for others though.

9 hours ago, bkg said:

I would of thought all those would be pulling more tbh

They are. I just need to run them 24/7.

https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/calculator/zec?HashingPower=2300&HashingUnit=H%2Fs&PowerConsumption=0&CostPerkWh=0.10

Edited by Jordan

2 hours ago, Anomaly said:

I'd stay away from anything like genesis. They are basically scams that people pay into thinking they will get a second income. Almost every plan barely pays itself off or simply never does. Difficulty is climbing too fast even if it seems like you might get a "okay" roi by the time a year passes its halved. And like Jordan said in his reply when you spend about the same amount you can have hardware in hand that has a re sale value although that comes with obvious headaches lol.

• Like 1