Preventing RS Botting Bans V3

Alek

Humans are just so much more complex then bots. If you were to put google's AI development team on making a complex bot for osrs with a large enough budget I'm sure they could create something completely undetectable to Jagex (or at least almost undetectable).

A working antiban isn't impossible to make as many people on here like to say, but it would have to be so complex that it may as well be.

6 minutes ago, Theorems said:

Humans are just so much more complex then bots. If you were to put google's AI development team on making a complex bot for osrs with a large enough budget I'm sure they could create something completely undetectable to Jagex (or at least almost undetectable).

A working antiban isn't impossible to make as many people on here like to say, but it would have to be so complex that it may as well be.

lel they'd just go actively hunting for it if it was at that scale.

Edited by THS

11 minutes ago, THS said:

lel they'd just go actively hunting for it if it was at that scale.

By hunting, I'm guessing you mean looking for patterns specific to that bot. Thing is if it was an advanced ai with a few million lines of code they wouldn't be able to find any pattern that they could be sure isn't a legit player. 

32 minutes ago, Theorems said:

By hunting, I'm guessing you mean looking for patterns specific to that bot. Thing is if it was an advanced ai with a few million lines of code they wouldn't be able to find any pattern that they could be sure isn't a legit player. 

Not even sure what they'd be hunting for. I'm just imaging the backlash the company would face if someone actually did that and they couldn't find a way to keep it out of the game, PR team would be going ballistic.

Not trying to shit on your parade or anything, just an interesting scenario lol.

16 minutes ago, THS said:

Not even sure what they'd be hunting for. I'm just imaging the backlash the company would face if someone actually did that and they couldn't find a way to keep it out of the game, PR team would be going ballistic.

Not trying to shit on your parade or anything, just an interesting scenario lol.

Oh if it did happen there would be a shitstorm to be sure. Realistically it's not going to happen anyways because nobody is going to invest that much into developing a bot for Runescape lol. My whole point though is that it isn't impossible.

On 10/27/2017 at 10:23 PM, Theorems said:

Patterns aren't what get you banned. It's that osbot is detectable, so they know you're on third party. 

1 hour ago, All Hail said:

Patterns aren't what get you banned. It's that osbot is detectable, so they know you're on third party. 

That makes no sense whatsoever, of course they detect patterns, and I don't feel like explaining something so basic right now.

Like yeah, they probably know if you logged from some third party client or the official one but they cannot tell which 3rd party client or else botting would be dead and nobody would be able to max stats with osbot.

uh , im botting to get 400 total every week on 2-3 accounts , never got ban by doing it ,

training one skill 2hours max .

talking with random people i added to friends list or random clan chat like every 5 mins (i work with computers so im always looking up my bot )

doing all f2p skills (f2p botting )

telling people to fuck off :D

playing 16-18hrs a day

idk why , but it works for me , i dont use VPN or proxy , it may be blacklisted , i use clean wifi spots around me

easy

by the way , i use free scripts

Edited by gytyzas123
more info

On 31/10/2017 at 8:25 AM, gytyzas123 said:

uh , im botting to get 400 total every week on 2-3 accounts , never got ban by doing it ,

training one skill 2hours max .

talking with random people i added to friends list or random clan chat like every 5 mins (i work with computers so im always looking up my bot )

doing all f2p skills (f2p botting )

telling people to fuck off :D

playing 16-18hrs a day

idk why , but it works for me , i dont use VPN or proxy , it may be blacklisted , i use clean wifi spots around me

easy

by the way , i use free scripts

lol

On 10/30/2017 at 9:37 PM, Theorems said:

That makes no sense whatsoever, of course they detect patterns, and I don't feel like explaining something so basic right now.

Like yeah, they probably know if you logged from some third party client or the official one but they cannot tell which 3rd party client or else botting would be dead and nobody would be able to max stats with osbot.

Maybe read what I said, I didn't say they don't detect patterns.  

Edit: doesn't seem like you read the OP either. 

Edited by All Hail

3 minutes ago, All Hail said:

Maybe read what I said, I didn't say they don't detect patterns. You don't seem to know much about botting. 

By saying patterns aren't what gets you banned in that context you were heavily implying they don't detect patterns.

Patterns are what gets you banned (among other things). How do I know this? 10 hours of botting splashing almost never gets anyone banned whereas 10 hours of cowhides are almost 100% guaranteed to get you banned. By your logic, they both have the same chance of getting banned because they are both on a detectable 3rd party client. 

Want to know why the splashing doesn't get you banned? because to bot interacts so little with the game that Jagex cannot get enough data on your mouse and clicking patterns in order to confirm you are a bot. Osbot is obviously not detectable, or all my accounts would have been banned a long time ago. If you meant something else then please do a better job conveying it instead of posting retarded one-liner statements which are so clearly wrong.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Theorems said:

By saying patterns aren't what gets you banned in that context you were heavily implying they don't detect patterns.

Patterns are what gets you banned (among other things). How do I know this? 10 hours of botting splashing almost never gets anyone banned whereas 10 hours of cowhides are almost 100% guaranteed to get you banned. By your logic, they both have the same chance of getting banned because they are both on a detectable 3rd party client. 

Want to know why the splashing doesn't get you banned? because to bot interacts so little with the game that Jagex cannot get enough data on your mouse and clicking patterns in order to confirm you are a bot. Osbot is obviously not detectable, or all my accounts would have been banned a long time ago. If you meant something else then please do a better job conveying it instead of posting retarded one-liner statements which are so clearly wrong.

No, that's not implying that at all. 

Obviously the task determines the ban rate. 

I have a lot I'd love to add, but I'm arguing with someone who says Osbot isn't detectable, on a forum post by an osbot developer who explains that the client is in fact detectable. I won't need to edit it this time, you did not read the OP. 

3 hours ago, All Hail said:

No, that's not implying that at all. 

Obviously the task determines the ban rate. 

I have a lot I'd love to add, but I'm arguing with someone who says Osbot isn't detectable, on a forum post by an osbot developer who explains that the client is in fact detectable. I won't need to edit it this time, you did not read the OP. 

I believe you misunderstood the original post. He says the methods of creating a 3rd party client (injection/reflection) can be detected. He did not say that Jagex can pinpoint each client and tell which one you logged into, because if they did we would all be banned like I said. (That being said i'm sure they can tell popular clients like osbuddy and the official client). Use your brain, if Jagex knew for sure we were logging into a bot client we would get banned.  If you re-read the part where it talks about client detection nowhere does it say that Jagex can currently detect osbot, only that it is technically physically possible to do so. (but like I said for the nth time if they could we would all be banned, and notice how alek said they do not use some basic or easy to detect injection system).

Of course it's probable that jagex flags accounts that don't use a client they recognize, but still just by comparing the ban rates of high pattern producing activities vs those with less we can deduce that patterns are one of the main factors to detection, which is why your claim that "patterns aren't what gets you banned" makes no sense at all.

Edited by Theorems

20 hours ago, Theorems said:

I believe you misunderstood the original post. He says the methods of creating a 3rd party client (injection/reflection) can be detected. He did not say that Jagex can pinpoint each client and tell which one you logged into, because if they did we would all be banned like I said. (That being said i'm sure they can tell popular clients like osbuddy and the official client). Use your brain, if Jagex knew for sure we were logging into a bot client we would get banned.  If you re-read the part where it talks about client detection nowhere does it say that Jagex can currently detect osbot, only that it is technically physically possible to do so. (but like I said for the nth time if they could we would all be banned, and notice how alek said they do not use some basic or easy to detect injection system).

Of course it's probable that jagex flags accounts that don't use a client they recognize, but still just by comparing the ban rates of high pattern producing activities vs those with less we can deduce that patterns are one of the main factors to detection, which is why your claim that "patterns aren't what gets you banned" makes no sense at all.

You keep setting up these strawman arguments, I'm not taking the bait anymore bud. Maybe lurk more.