[Gold Farm] Operation Hot Box

Isolate

Logs, Detailed or Concise?   

50 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like the logs I provide on this thread about my experience to be a brief quick summary or some kinda in-depth little write up?

• TL;DR it you cuck! (Short)
    • Tell Us A Tale Of The Soul Good Sir! (Long)

3 minutes ago, Antonio Kala said:

IF you spent 1k usd on this pc, wouldn't it have been cheaper to simply rent a server with the same specs?

don'tchu iff me son, I'll show you receipts if you doubt a lad.
and no, lesser specced machine is ~$100/month, 
I have better specs than the max plan on the other site and I can install my own OS and customize it how I want for efficiency :)
Also I got other uses for a beast server >:)

15 minutes ago, Pandas said:

btw look at ur post count ;)

I missed the milestone the other night, was heart broken, noticed at 2002

32 minutes ago, Isolate said:

don'tchu iff me son, I'll show you receipts if you doubt a lad.
and no, lesser specced machine is ~$100/month, 
I have better specs than the max plan on the other site and I can install my own OS and customize it how I want for efficiency :)
Also I got other uses for a beast server >:)

I missed the milestone the other night, was heart broken, noticed at 2002

So in 10 months you would have paid for the machine, plus of course electricity monthly bill plus of course if you do manage to actually profit anything from botting because we know it's not easy and you might actually just lose $.

Renting one would enable you to test your 200 accounts method with only $100 plus of course the fact that you could expand to more servers at any time.

Also your server could get damaged and replacing any part of it would be extremely expensive.

Best of luck, I'm not hating just open to analyze the decision behind buying a server. I will discuss this further with you if you want.

12 minutes ago, Antonio Kala said:

So in 10 months you would have paid for the machine, plus of course electricity monthly bill plus of course if you do manage to actually profit anything from botting because we know it's not easy and you might actually just lose $.

Renting one would enable you to test your 200 accounts method with only $100 plus of course the fact that you could expand to more servers at any time.

Also your server could get damaged and replacing any part of it would be extremely expensive.

Best of luck, I'm not hating just open to analyze the decision behind buying a server. I will discuss this further with you if you want.

Ya, if I earnt $3/day I'd pay it off in 10 months sure, but why would I aim so low :doge:
my goals are really only $30/day than $100/day and I see them as very achievable with my experience.
hence why they're goals of mine.

I did rent one for the duration of testing, did the maths to see if the gain from physically tinkering with it was worth it and for me and my case purchasing was better in the short term and long term cost reduction, the server will be paid of as quick as possible then hence forth i'll have $100-$150 less overhead each month which means that goes to my pocket.

I used the month of rent to develop a fully automated farming system and iron out its kinks and update api which didn't work default in the client, i wouldn't have purchased it if I wasn't confident, I actually study  a dual degree in Account and finance, intending to major in personal investment.

funfactttttt, wasted the money I earnt in the test month on my tattoo :D 

in regards to damaged parts
I have full warrenty over the parts, once it's built and turns on working there's nothing I can really personally do to damage it without pouring a cup of water straight on the mobo, most things are covered by warrenty.
and the odds of all parts killing themsselves at once are slim, each individual part isn't that hard to get my hands on, would be 2-3 days max for shipping and i'm going again, but I'd assume I'd have earnt enough to be able to cover any potential (yet very very slim chance of) damaging my parts.

I've my own custom PC and it's no different to that, just treat your parts with care and clean them

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, THS said:

Genuinely look forward to seeing how you go with this breather.

Would be curious to see how much your power bill spikes and what issues you run into streamlining your process.- Your kiwi bretheren :boge:

was hopin going for an 80+ gold psu would help a lil, wasn't fun looking for psus that support two cables properly.
We shall see :D I can't imagine the monthly power cost exceeding that renting a remote dedi otherwise they'd make no money :s
Two housemates just moved out so maybe I wont notice a difference :/

1 minute ago, Antonio Kala said:

well you seem well prepared, best of luck man. I hope to see results and I hope those results are positive results. :)

I am hoping i'm prepared, just lack motivation, made the thread to be held accountable 

• 4 weeks later...