[Gold Farm] Operation Hot Box

Isolate

Logs, Detailed or Concise?   

50 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like the logs I provide on this thread about my experience to be a brief quick summary or some kinda in-depth little write up?

• TL;DR it you cuck! (Short)
    • Tell Us A Tale Of The Soul Good Sir! (Long)

10 minutes ago, The Undefeated said:

Could you show the spec sheet of the server? Core counts doesn't say everything. You can use something like Speccy to get all the specs.

ey5nkV1.png

29 minutes ago, THS said:

In, how much that machine cost?

I could have cut corners aesthetically to bring the price down but I wanted it to look nice and blend into my current setup, all in all maybe like 1k USD but with the tests I ran on lower speccing rented dedis prior to purchase that price should be fine.

18 minutes ago, Isolate said:

ey5nkV1.png

I could have cut corners aesthetically to bring the price down but I wanted it to look nice and blend into my current setup, all in all maybe like 1k USD but with the tests I ran on lower speccing rented dedis prior to purchase that price should be fine.

So it's 16 cores 32 threads.

Just now, GolgoTrades said:

Cot dam boyo

Is 200 the max you think you can run on a machine like this? Also I'm assuming you're operating thru CLI/no interface, did you get a database(or databases) developed?

I am my own developer, I have a storage solution in place for stock accounts with currently over 10k sitting in there, 15 days idle as I prepared way too early.
CPU is the strong point, ram is the weak point in regards to this type of server, I ran the account farm on a similar machine and estimated 200 accounts would be doable, if I am able to hit that and maintain it i'll follow up on expansion

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Isolate said:

I am my own developer, I have a storage solution in place for stock accounts with currently over 10k sitting in there, 15 days idle as I prepared way too early.
CPU is the strong point, ram is the weak point in regards to this type of server, I ran the account farm on a similar machine and estimated 200 accounts would be doable, if I am able to hit that and maintain it i'll follow up on expansion

Beautiful :D

2 hours ago, Pandas said:

Did you build the machine yourself?

Indeed, Sourced the parts from across the interwebs then managed to get it working although there's some very uhh "unique"... things here and there...
such as in the case of fitting a Server mobo into an E-ATX case some of the standoffs didn't line up so we had to prop up the mobo with whatever we could find to avoid bending in 1 corner

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Isolate said:

Indeed, Sourced the parts from across the interwebs then managed to get it working although there's some very uhh "unique"... things here and there...
such as in the case of fitting a Server mobo into an E-ATX case some of the standoffs didn't line up so we had to prop up the mobo with whatever we could find to avoid bending in 1 corner

interesting, best of luck to you!

• Like 1