Rate me

Mister Slyther

Hi guys, id like to ask the community what do you guys think of myself and my work as a designer?

Further info is im currently doing my foundation year in graphics at university, only a month left before i become a year 1 Graphics Student.

My goal is to become a UI Designer, design professional looking apps and websites in the industry for businesses. 

I am not asking you guys to rate for the sake of my ego, but perhaps by any chance to increase confidence in myself, as lately it has been a rough ride and I need more confidence. I am interested in knowing what people think of me. 

Overtime I will slowly differentiate my portfolio from professional & industry designs and RSPS designs. Probably make a separate website or something, so that all my professional work would be in one place.

my work is here: www.ashstudios.net

Thank you for your time!

Edited by Mister Slyther

9 minutes ago, Adept said:

Was expecting mediocre stuff from the way you expressed your confidence issues.
Some bloody good work though. Love it
Are you exclusively a graphic designer or do also do web development?

Tbh, since I really wanna become a professional UI designer, learning proper Web Development will give me a ton more opportunities in the job market. I only know the basics of HTML5 and CSS, which is not enough.

As well designing apps, if i learn android/ios app development, even more opportunities combined with web development + professional design.

Thank you for your kind words, its just that my expectations rise overtime, because trust me, students in my class and the years above me produce really good work as well. 

Edited by Mister Slyther

10 minutes ago, Mister Slyther said:

Tbh, since I really wanna become a professional UI designer. Learning proper Web Development will give me a ton more opportunities in the job market. I only know the basics of HTML5 and CSS, which is not enough.

As well designing apps, if i learn android/ios app development, even more opportunities combined with web development + professional design.

Thank you for your kind words, its just that my expectations rise overtime, because trust me, students in my class and the years above me produce really good work as well. 

As a self-taught web developer (who is also currently receiving a formal education) it's really disheartening knowing there are talented people like you around lol. While I know I know my way around web technologies I am lacking in my graphical skills so people like you who are naturally talented have a one-up over me :(
I further encourage you to learn front-end development on your own time. Paired with your professional design skills you can make some good bucks freelancing.

Edited by Adept

2 minutes ago, Adept said:

As a self-taught web developer (who is also currently receiving a formal education) it's really disheartening knowing there are talented people like you around lol. While I know I know my way around web technologies I am lacking in my graphical skills so people like you who are naturally talented have a one-up over me :(
I further encourage you to learn front-end development on your own time. Paired with your professional design skills you can make some good bucks freelancing.

Jesus man, i really appreciate the fact that you think I am talented. Truly I look at myself and I completely think the opposite. 

Front-end development is what I will be doing yes and I'll be using a few books and courses on udemy.com to guide me. Used codeacademy for the basics.

In that case, do some graphic design. Anyone can learn the software, and learning the software basics will allow you to construct decent web pages. Go for it!

Thank you again!

• Like 1