Small farm for beginners

Magerange

I see that most people keep their topics about goldfarming here. So I decided to make one too, not for exposure, more like a diary for my own notes, experiences, to keep myself motivated etc.
Keep in mind that I am writing this as a complete noob with about 1.5 weeks of actual goldfarming experience and this will, most likely, be helpful for beginners just like myself.
I will have a few chapters of introduction, so I can say 'hello' to the community here as well, since I've been lurking for about 6 months now.

About me outisde of Runescape

I come from a small country in northern-eastern part of Europe. I am studying transportation engineering and will be certified engineer within a few months. I also own a small business, not related with Runescape or internet or even engineering. I love being in action and hate resting for too long. I'd like to think that I am a high performance person and I always need to be in action, otherwise I start getting depressed because of boredom.

Runescape background

I started playing back in 2005 or 2006, honestly I do not even remember. However, I am confident that more or less Runescape has been almost half of my entire life. Sad fact, but I acknowledge it. Through years of playing legit I got myself a Max cape back in 2012 (with some help from bots (actually like 1/2 of my 99s were botted), ofc, those were the days...). Anyway, I sold the account shortly after the announcement of EOC and left the game untill OSRS came back out. I played that for some time and re-enjoyed the experience, but eventually I got over it and haven't been actively playing for 2 years now. Don't even have an account to play on.
However, I pretty much know the game like my 5 fingers (minus recently added content such as Zeah, raids, etc.).

How did I come to conclusion that I want to goldfarm

I have been aware of goldfarming since I sold my account back in 2012 and got involved with Runescape black market the first time. Eversince OSRS came out, I had this little voice inside my head that was screaming 'take advantage of it, start your own goldfarm'. I also know a guy in my town who used to goldfarm heavily and do different Runescape deals on black market (still does). He kind of inspired me, because I know he has made significant amount of money from Runescape. Therefore, last month I finally said to myself - why not? I was willing to invest up to $200,  so I just started.

The first steps

I started with trying to write my own scripts. Found this great guide on here by Apaec, I guess there are several now out. Shoutout for helping me! See, I thought that I could possibly write a script for solid method that would bring in consistent gp, but wasn't very popular. Soon I realised that I would need more specific knowledge than that... However, I did write a couple simple few action scripts myself for private use that I am quite happy about that time wasn't just wasted there :)

Soon I realised that I will need private scripts for private methods. Therefore I ordered a few scripts from some of the best scripters on here and suggest everyone to do so, if you need some!
Also I bought a couple proxies, VIP and made a push for VPS. I was reluctant at first and didn't want to rush it, so I prepared the accounts in the beginning.

The actual farm itself

Since I am not a programmer myself and I do not wish to make goldfarming my main income source (not yet :doge:) , I would like to keep my farm quite small, because otherwise I will not be able to manage it myself. I plan to use 6-8 accounts with quite low requirement methods, therefore I do not have to spend tons of time or money to prepare and re-prepare the accounts when they get banned.

Current updates:

Here I will write my progress, probably daily (if something attention worth occurs) with my notes. I do keep an Excel file where I log everything (hours botted, profit made, ban history, etc.).

27/02/2017

First day of 'real' goldfarming. I did bot through the weekend with great success and nice amount of money, but this is where the countdown begins.
Right in the morning 2 of my accounts got banned. The shitty part is that I had supplies on both of them for botting sessions (OUCH! Rookie mistake! Never going to do that again!). I am almost 100% sure why two of my accounts were banned and which script was responsible for it. Will take this method in deeper consideration for now.
Therefore I spent the rest of the day re-gathering everything I lost due to two bans. However, I did make two accounts bot ready and they did a decent job for a couple of hours.

Money gained during boting session: approx. -2M
Accounts ready to bot for the next session: 6/6

28/02/2017

Day started promising, did not allow myself any rookie mistakes regarding item management and managed to survive this day without any losses. Only downfall - bot went down while I was not at home and I had no idea what happened. Because of that I lost about 1.5 - 2 hours of bot time :( Other than that solid day. However, it was getting late and I had to transfer all the items to my mule, I was very lazy to use proxys and since OSBot was down just used regular client from VPS itself (not using proxys), no idea will and how this could affect my goldfarm in the near future. Perhaps, possible chainbans? That would suck. I would love to get experts opinion on this one.
Also, some of my accounts are approaching the 'first bond finish line'. No idea if this is good or bad lol. But abandoning them and starting new ones would probably cost the same (one bond per account).

Money gained during boting session: approx. 7.5M
Accounts ready to bot for the next session: 6/6

02/03/2017

Nothing much has happened, have been farming without any problems, close to 9M/Day benchmark for the past 2 days. It's kind of strange that I am really expecting bans to hit me every minute I bot, but they are not yet here :D So far everything looks fine and if I don't encounter any bans for the next three days (weekend, which means it is more likely) I might make my first real income from goldfarming! Question is - how much. I have developed a great system that allows me to keep track of how many items I have gathered during botting sessions and to transfer them every couple of hours. The only problem is - I have to be present at the computer every few hours. So far it has not been an issue this week, but it has lowered my profits in the past. Also, I will be AFK for the next weekend, so have to prepare somehow for that. Perhaps, run my little babies close to 24/7.

Also, I seem to have found another botting method, but will take a look into it over the weekend. It requires larger investment from the get-go, but if it is more productive, might consider buying a private script for it. However, I do have my doubts of the methods profitability due to the fact that specific area is HIGHLY botted and profits are quite low, in my mind.

04/03/2017

Fuck me and my big mouth... No bans, no bans... BAM when I Least expected. 3 out of 6 accounts, man... Half of my farm in one single swipe. Okay, I spent around 3 hours to rebuild and re-start my farm. Kind of pissed that I had other plans in mind, but this was a priority, because of no accounts = no cash. Also, it hits me strongly financially... I had to pay for 3 new bonds, and I paid for 3 yesterday, so I have paid close to 17-18M in bonds in two days. Anyway, I have now decided on a way to MINIMIZE my losses every time an account gets banned.
Profit for the Day - breaking even in close to 13 hours of botting. This hurts, because I really anticipated the weekend to be my big profit time :(
I do have an idea how did the accounts get banned and probably will spend couple of hours babysitting the scripts in the upcoming days. Damn.

05/03/2017

Well, first week finished... A shitty weekend, two of my proxies broke for a couple hours, so lost around 1-2M on that, but other than that today was great. Also, managed to sell my first batch of GP! Yay! Real money, finally! This was pretty hard, and I still haven't reached profitability (I've covered like 60% of my expenses for 1 month worth of botting with this sell), but I hope I will during the next week, eventhough I won't be present on weekend and judging by ban wave that occured on a SATURDAY, I will not risk leaving my babies alone.

So, to sum up the week:
1.png.d9f186cf4ecee26b722b288168bbfbe1.png

Profits are inaccurate, especially for Saturday, plus I bought 6 bonds for the total sum of close to 17M~. (that has been deducted from 'Profit' already). Also, I messed up on, I believe, friday and tuesday. Managed to make around 10-15M more, realistically because of price increase for the items I gather and also because of the relative crash of supply costs.
Bans encountered this week - 5
Accounts ready for next session: 6/6

08/03/2017

I've been testing new botting schedule that requires less time me babysitting them and manually interacting with them. So far it seems good, but I will only post more info about this when I will have done it for more than 2 days. Patiently waiting on bans, haven't had those since saturday. Especially I am anticibating a ban on one of the accounts that has been around for almost 3 weeks now :D
With the new method I have been able to produce 15 - 18M profits each day for the past 2 days. I hope it stays that way and, perhaps, gets even better!

10/03/2017

Whew, just sold another batch of GP. Therefore it means I have reached profitability for this month! With this batch sold I've covered all my expenses for 4 weeks of botting in 12 days (I'll put it 2 weeks to round it up). That means I have 2 more weeks in this month to rake in the profits. C.R.E.A.M, guys!

My monthly expenses consist of - VIP in Osbot (Wouldn't want to try botting without this <3), a VPS, a few Proxies. Total for around of 70$ (I round everything up heavily, to always keep my farm on 'worst case scenarios'). Also, I am not sure if I should include bonds in expenses, since I buy them with RS GP and only lose virtual money on that. On the flip side, they are something that I do lose money on every once in a while... I guess the best choice is to just deduct them from my botting profits which I do currently.

Anyway, this week so far has been great! The new schedule seems to be doing fine, the only downside is that some of the items that I bot crashed in price a little bit which made my profits plummet. Not super happy about it, but I hope the trend will not continue.
Also, I have started to consider opening up a second farm. I still need to do some testing, and I probably will do that during the next week, since I am going away for this weekend. That also means no botting for the next two days :/

14/03/2017

Back to botting! I had one ban while I was away, quickly re-created the account, so no biggie there. Still making 10 - 15 M/day from my farm. Seems to be very stable since I have established a firm schedule and botting methods.
I did test the other method that I was willing to look into. Looks dope, very likely to be more profitable than my first farm! I am excited, but this method requires a lot of capital to begin with, and I will have to also purchase a private script, which won't be cheap as you know. I guess I'll figure out a way during this week how to save up enough money for the first stage:

1. Private Script

2. Testing on VPS for CPU AKA how many slaves can I run on my VPS

3. C.R.E.A.M...?

18/03/2017

I've been quite low profile this week because I had a lot of stuff to do outside of Runescape . So far this week I've had only one ban *knock on wood for the weekend*. Started to engage in a conversation with scripters about creating a script for my new method, so I will also start to save some money because those guys don't work for free. I've calculated that in my first month of goldfarming I will be making approximately $ 120 - 150 net. Not too shabby, since I only run 6 accounts at a time, and also my first week was basically a learning process (could have made almost twice as much, as I am now averaging on 70-80M/week for the past 2 weeks WITH a full day off last week). Also, I will have to pay to scripter, which sets me back a couple of days. I guess the real money will be seen in the future, but I am still happy that this small venture has been profitable from almost right away! Stay tuned!

29/03/2017

It's been some time since the last update. I was quiet because I was working on starting my second farm! Today is the first day of my 2nd farm working, so far it looks amazing!! I also worked quite hard to create very nice and easy 'follow up' Excel spreadsheets, so I can keep track of EVERYTHING that occurs (GP made, GP spent on bonds, ban history, items required for each method, etc.). Yeah, I am a nerd that loves MS Excel. Made 30M in my first botting session with both farms at the same time. AMAZING! Will post more probably in the weekend with some profit pictures :)

03/04/2017

So a quick rundown of what has happened this past week. I started my second farm, now I run 12 accounts on total. You can see an increase in the picture below (I started my second farm to run 100% on tuesday). Then I realised that my method for 1st farm has turned to shit and I needed to switch ASAP or else I would struggle making sub 10M/day for god knows how long. So I switched partially by Thursday and completely by Friday. Since Friday I've run 2 farms quite successfully and now I am waiting for banwave, since it is Monday :D

1.png.c090a3ccd22055e711aa8c98419301fb.png

Notice that my expenses opening the second farm have increased as well.

09/04/2017

Profits have been insane... I will update this thread with a screenshot from my Excel sheet at the end of the month (2 more weeks of botting for me).
At the moment I feel like Tony Montana from 'Scarface' :D

Last update - 03/04/2017

Edited by Magerange
  • Like 8

Nice writeup. Looking forward to the progress, I've tried a few low stat methods myself recently but didn't see great results. Seems like more often then not there are a TON of methods to make dumb amounts of GP but you need a solid amount of cash upfront to get started since the amount of accounts needed is pretty damn high. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DEZIGN said:

Nice writeup. Looking forward to the progress, I've tried a few low stat methods myself recently but didn't see great results. Seems like more often then not there are a TON of methods to make dumb amounts of GP but you need a solid amount of cash upfront to get started since the amount of accounts needed is pretty damn high. 

Yeah, this is the same issue I encountered. I had to buy some OSGP as well (to prepare, supplies, bonds). Luckily a buddy of mine helped me out on this one and I got a great deal for the GP I needed.

Edited by Magerange

Small update for today!

Would like to have an experts opinion on what I just did...

However, it was getting late and I had to transfer all the items to my mule, I was very lazy to use proxys and since OSBot was down just used regular client from VPS itself (not using proxys), no idea will and how this could affect my goldfarm in the near future. Perhaps, possible chainbans? That would suck. I would love to get experts opinion on this one.

22 minutes ago, Degrecu said:

Damn that was quite unlucky, but u could prevent that either botting less or moving to the mule more often

Yeah, that's what I figured. Sticking to a new system now, very low risk. Just have to be consistent with that. And hope that I don't get banned every day lmao. I estimate that with my methods I have to be able to bot around 20 hours from each account to make it profitable (covers bond and expenses to prepare acc).

Edited by Magerange