Is my power supply to weak?

Oliver

Go to the store with a decent return policy for a new PSU, put in into your system and see if it still occurs, if it doesn't; it was your PSU and you've already bought the fix. If it was, return PSU and get another GPU.

I had a similar issue, where the screen would either

1) Freeze
2) go a certain color and freeze (e.g. yellow or blue or green screen)
3) go black

That was because my PSU couldn't deliver enough power to the GPU. (Tested it by borrowing the exact same card from a friend -> still occurs, got a better PSU and it stopped occurring on either of the cards.) 

Sounds to me the video card is not seated well or is faulty, try a different PCI slot if you got a spare one else try removing then reinstalling it (physically). Get your hand on a GPU you know works to test with, see if it happens again. As for the PSU, at full load all your components are ~80% of its rated capacity so shouldn't be an issue. Typically PSU problems result in just the computer turning off and not back on, and if its a cheapo PSU a fried component or two.

25 minutes ago, Solution said:

Go to the store with a decent return policy for a new PSU, put in into your system and see if it still occurs, if it doesn't; it was your PSU and you've already bought the fix. If it was, return PSU and get another GPU.

I had a similar issue, where the screen would either

1) Freeze
2) go a certain color and freeze (e.g. yellow or blue or green screen)
3) go black

That was because my PSU couldn't deliver enough power to the GPU. (Tested it by borrowing the exact same card from a friend -> still occurs, got a better PSU and it stopped occurring on either of the cards.) 

Thx!

I also have Intel HD gpu, would be a solution to deactivate the radeon gpu and only run on intel hd to test if the "bluescreen" still comes? 

If so, how can I deactivate it? Pls in retard language I have zero knowledge

Edited by Oliver

21 minutes ago, Oliver said:

Thx!

I also have Intel HD gpu, would be a solution to deactivate the radeon gpu and only run on intel hd to test if the "bluescreen" still comes? 

If so, how can I deactivate it? Pls in retard language I have zero knowledge

You can always just take the card out and plug your screen into your motherboard at the back of the case, that'll ensure everything runs on CPU graphics :P

• Like 2