AMD vs Intel

RDM

In all seriousness Intel does seem to have better CPU benchmarks but for the price is is worth it? For an i7 quad core 3.4 Ghz you're looking around $300-$400, and an FX 8-core 4.0 Ghz is $200-$300.

~25% more cost (no including motherboards being more expensive aswell) for intel for 10% better FPS and etc.

I know most people "fanboy" intel, and will say intel is better becuase its blah blah blah, but putting it aside... why is intel better than AMD?

Personally i'm fairly certain im going with an AMD FX-8350 8-core 4.0Ghz CPU for my new build, mostly because its cheaper and 2: because i dont really care about 10fps when you are running high-ultra settings at 80+fps already

You should not have to ask this question, intel are considerably faster, AMD could have 25 times the cores and still be way behind, Every google search will confirm this, AMD are hot slow pieces of crap, if you really think 10fps is all you gain you are reading the wrong articles.. they are so much faster in every way

Even the i5's are MUCH faster then the 8350...

Edited by edgy

This might help 

I can't remember any personal reasoning other than "Big numbers" But after like saving for 2 years i've purchase a i7-6700k build.

Another good thing to consider would be (I think I remember correctly) tdp wattage.
Not because you can get a cheaper power supply but for heat dissipation and lifespan of the cpu due to heat.

Edited by Isolate
  • Like 1