@Jonny

Kittens

I still don't get why most houses are made out of wood in USA, why not brick buildings like in EU?

I get its cheaper, but a brickhouse would be more resitant to hurricane damage, no?

Because construction time is significantly less with wood prefab houses... All you have to do is bang in supports and then just nail the walls in. 

Concrete is much more expensive, takes alot longer to build etc, and most houses that are in these areas are built by big contracting companies who build 100+ of the exact same house in the neighborhood so its easy to do it in wood.

Because construction time is significantly less with wood prefab houses... All you have to do is bang in supports and then just nail the walls in. 

Concrete is much more expensive, takes alot longer to build etc, and most houses that are in these areas are built by big contracting companies who build 100+ of the exact same house in the neighborhood so its easy to do it in wood.

Yeah I get that point, buy why wouldn't you invest more time & money in one initial house?

I'd rather do that than having to rebuild houses (as customer).

I get the PoV from insurance & building companies as well though..

Yeah I get that point, buy why wouldn't you invest more time & money in one initial house?

I'd rather do that than having to rebuild houses (as customer).

I get the PoV from insurance & building companies as well though..

Because cost of living is so high. Buying a house is part of the american dream so people buy whatever they can regardless of material