Sharing my ban experiences

Abuse

As some of you are aware, I've been a gold farmer for a good few months this year, I'm posting this thread to share my findings I've had with the Jagex banning system lately, my experience generally comes from suicide F2P botting (8000 bans to date) but also P2P (300 bans to date)

1) Jagex generally mass bans in the mornings (8-11am +1 GMT) and evenings (4-6pm +1 GMT). Single manual bans (for semi legit accounts) have no noticable time stamps

2) All mass bans happen by Mod Weath, he is the only member of JMods that has access to the mass ban tools, single bans are done by more than one person

3) Logging our your accounts during a mass banwave actually saves them for another x hours. I've had first hand experience with this when I saw my entire farm being wiped, I terminated all my clients and upon logging in half an hour later all my accounts were still standing (Managed to do this three times now, with great success)

4) Verified email addresses and/or clever usernames have no effect on banrates when suicide botting in F2P or pulling 8h+/day in P2P

5) Bans during weekends are uncommon, Mod Weath stated himself that he ocasionally bans bots during weekends when he's bored. I don't know if this holds true for non suicide bots

6) Banwaves OFTEN happen minutes before system updates on thursdays

7) Jages does track your mules if you have a significant enough impact. For example: Weath has been banning my mule accounts, the accounts that held gold for that mule, and also any other mule that kept gold from any of those account. I do have quite a high profile at their HQ though :P

8) Refine your Tutrial Island process (if botted), many bans happend as soon as you are flagged for running through F2P as a bot, wasting your time leveling the desired skills and get hit by a ban before the account made a single GP

9) Questing helps a lot, especially quests that aren't commonly botted

10) Talking / PMing works for a while, until jagex notices your methods/messages and it ends up with a higher banrate for you

11) Changing IP's for an account too often ends up with it being locked out, and eventually banned

12) Even a 1 minute breaks every 60 minutes is much better than running 24/7, reduces the chance of you being hit by atleast 50%

13) Jagex has some sort of machine learning algorythm for paths. After two months of using the same set of 10 randomized paths Jagex started auto-banning me, moving back to WebWalking fixed this

14) Auto bans are a thing, Jagex has the ability to detect AND ban bots without the intervention of staff. It primarily detects paths, but also non-variable delays between actions (Eg: Inventory full -> wait exactly 1000ms -> start walking to bank)

I just want to add that IP flagging is a part of jagex's anti ban system as I have found out today.

I've had a pool of 200 IP's and recently I was struggling with automatic bans, tried everything within reason to prevent them (Since each bot is limited to ~2% cpu usage, i couldn't make any drastic changes without losing out on efficiency).

As a final measure I've replaced my whole IP pool, and voila not a single ban for past 24 hours

I might update this list when I discover new things

I hope this answered some of your questions smile.png

Edited by Abuse
  • Like 17

As some of you are aware, I've been a gold farmer for a good few months this year, I'm posting this thread to share my findings I've had with the Jagex banning system lately, my experience generally comes from suicide F2P botting (8000 bans to date) but also P2P (300 bans to date)

1) Jagex generally mass bans in the mornings (8-11am +1 GMT) and evenings (4-6pm +1 GMT). Single manual bans (for semi legit accounts) have no noticable time stamps

2) All mass bans happen by Mod Weath, he is the only member of JMods that has access to the mass ban tools, single bans are done by more than one person

3) Logging our your accounts during a mass banwave actually saves them for another x hours. I've had first hand experience with this when I saw my entire farm being wiped, I terminated all my clients and upon logging in half an hour later all my accounts were still standing (Managed to do this three times now, with great success)

4) Verified email addresses and/or clever usernames have no effect on banrates when suicide botting in F2P or pulling 8h+/day in P2P

5) Bans during weekends are uncommon, Mod Weath stated himself that he ocasionally bans bots during weekends when he's bored. I don't know if this holds true for non suicide bots

6) Banwaves OFTEN happen minutes before system updates on thursdays

7) Jages does track your mules if you have a significant enough impact. For example: Weath has been banning my mule accounts, the accounts that held gold for that mule, and also any other mule that kept gold from any of those account. I do have quite a high profile at their HQ though :P

8) Refine your Tutrial Island process (if botted), many bans happend as soon as you are flagged for running through F2P as a bot, wasting your time leveling the desired skills and get hit by a ban before the account made a single GP

9) Questing helps a lot, especially quests that aren't commonly botted

10) Talking / PMing works for a while, until jagex notices your methods/messages and it ends up with a higher banrate for you

11) Changing IP's for an account too often ends up with it being locked out, and eventually banned

12) Even a 1 minute breaks every 60 minutes is much better than running 24/7, reduces the chance of you being hit by atleast 50%

13) Jagex has some sort of machine learning algorythm for paths. After two months of using the same set of 10 randomized paths Jagex started auto-banning me, moving back to WebWalking fixed this

14) Auto bans are a thing, Jagex has the ability to detect AND ban bots without the intervention of staff. It primarily detects paths, but also non-variable delays between actions (Eg: Inventory full -> wait exactly 1000ms -> start walking to bank)

I might update this list when I discover new things

I hope this answered some of your questions smile.png

Please inbox me/reply to my pm, im interested in talking to you :)