[Discussion]Botting + Legit = The way to go?

creationx

Hello everyone!

I've been botting for quite a while now, and I've had every range of consequences. I've had accounts stay unbanned for a long time, and I've had accounts banned almost immediately. 

I wanted to talk about how actually playing and enjoying the game of OldSchool Runescape could be beneficial to your botting 'career'. 

Now, I use to suicide bot all the time, but after my main was chainbanned I quit for a while and have only recently come back. 

However, now that I'm back I've noticed that my 'healthy' botting habits may be what is keeping me from getting banned, and I wanted to share them with people and have a discussion on how these actions may help us botters.

1. Don't just bot and then log out - Do something IN the OSbot client BEFORE & AFTER you bot.

logic: If they CAN detect your mouse movements and actions, it may help that they don't see 'user 1 logged in.' 'user 1 did agility for 8 hours straight' 'user 1 logged out'.

2. Babysit your bot - I feel like this is the #1 way to stay away from bans.

logic: Everytime I've been banned it's been because I left a script on for way too long, got greedy, and woke up with a ban. If you are active on the computer, you have better chance of catching people who are trying to catch you (thus talking to them and diffusing the situation). 

3. Join a clan chat that is RIGHT for you.

logic: When you're in a clan chat, I believe Jagex just considers you that much less likely to be botting. 

4. ADD YOUR OWN ANTIBAN!

logic: When botting, enable input and do something you might normally do when playing. If you're bankstanding and making potions, spin the camera around, check some stats, right click some people. If Jagex can detect mouse movements, this will help throw them off. They won't just see 'take supplies', 'make potions' over and over again.

5. PLAY THE GAME AT LEAST THE SAME AMOUNT OF TIME YOU BOT

logic: i believe if you actually play the game legitimately at least the same amount of hours you bot, (so say you bot 4 hours and play 4 hours), you have a super low risk of being banned. I think this may be because even if you ARE flagged for botting, you've got a ton of legit activity on your account, which may confuse Jagex when they're looking for bots.

These are just 5 tips that I have found helped me A LOT. I'm currently training a couple of accounts and reaching quite high levels. The key, however, is moderation. The thing that helped me the most is to use OSbot as a tool - much like mousekeys, instead of a means to make money or waste time. While I'm sitting here working at the computer, OSBot can train for me. When I go away, I usually turn it off. That way I can keep a lot of control over what's happening on my account. 

• Like 1

You know, I've done this on my main account but it still got banned for 2 days. Never botting that shit again biggrin.png

you can bot again once the 2 day ban expires and you'll just get another 2 day ban. i've tested this with like 4 accounts.

*note* only works on accs with a lot of playtime / mains

Edited by Imateamcape
  • Like 2

2. Babysit your bot - I feel like this is the #1 way to stay away from bans.

logic: Everytime I've been banned it's been because I left a script on for way too long, got greedy, and woke up with a ban. If you are active on the computer, you have better chance of catching people who are trying to catch you (thus talking to them and diffusing the situation).

This didn't worked for me, i tried this a few times.. talking to people, answering their question. And i wasnt even botting intensively (3-5 hrs a day max) and none of my f2p bots survived more than 3 days.

i dont think that u get banned only when some1 reports you, although it seems to increase the chances.