Is it possible to become addicted to advil?

Master Chief

advil / ibuprofen or any other common over the counter pain med

I'm asking because about a month ago i started getting some bad headaches around 3 pm every day and i started taking advil to help. all my life i was against taking any sort of drug / medicine but the pain was too annoying so i just gave in. im still getting them daily and am worried if i take advil every day I may become dependent on it. 

Is there anything else you guys recommend to help ease headaches or something I can do to keep them from popping up every day? It seems to mainly be in my lower-back side of head around the neck, and on the top / forehead area

As you know, you can't continue popping advil everyday for the rest of your life. You obviously have something going on causing the headaches. I'd recommend a doctor because otherwise you're just going to trial / error and that most likely won't help. But anyways, drink enough water (64 fl oz. /  day). It also could be from your eyes. Do you need glasses? What about blood pressure? Are you fat as fuck with just 1 twinkie away from a heart attack? There's just too many variables for someone over the internet to help you with your headaches. There are doctors that specialize in headaches for a reason. You could Skype a doctor (yes I'm serious) instead of leaving your house.

Edited by Plutoh

http://www.addictionhope.com/ibuprofen/

In short, no, but you can become dependent on it.

And go to an eye doctor, it sounds like your eyes are getting strained if it starts every day around 3. That's assuming you're up for the same amount of time.

Edited by Twin

thanks for the replies. I think I'm in good health condition and I drink 2 gallons of water a day (gotta keep that shape am i right). But I do know last year the doc said I had pre-hypertension or whatever so basically I'm at risk of high blood pressure. Maybe I'll get that checked out. and I can see the eye thing ... my eyes often are sore. But I can see everything very clear and nothing is ever hard to read, close or far

thanks for the replies. I think I'm in good health condition and I drink 2 gallons of water a day (gotta keep that shape am i right). But I do know last year the doc said I had pre-hypertension or whatever so basically I'm at risk of high blood pressure. Maybe I'll get that checked out. and I can see the eye thing ... my eyes often are sore. But I can see everything very clear and nothing is ever hard to read, close or far

I had the same issue with hypertension. Be sure to get it checked out, it's serious.