Botting and Playing on the same IP

GoNode5

Alright so I'm trying to figure this out. I have a main account which I only use Osbuddy to play on and has never been logged into on any sort of bot clients or anything like that. Would it be wise to bot using the osbot bot clients on the same PC/IP what is the chance of my main account being banned ?

Also off topic if I have 100 donor and lifetime sponsor do I need to buy VIP to use Mirror mode ?

Edited by Omnificent

they don't seem to care much for transferring items

You have no proof of that, were as Jagex is on the record saying that they will track trades bettween bots and mules and ban them for goldfarming, so if you transfer a large amount of gold or items, and Jagex has flagged your IP as to have been botted on, then yes you are more at risk, they have also said that accounts that are not botted on are more likely to only get a 2day ban as a warning if caught "buying gold", now if you sell its perm... doesn't make sense, but that's what I read on reddit from Mod MatK.

Edited by Joster

if your botting acc gets banned, they'll likely watch your main really close too

Ya man, they have jmods dedicated to sit at their desks and stare at their computer screens watching the every move of accounts that play on IP's which receive macro bans...

Realistically, the only way your main would be banned is if you are caught trading gold/materials to and from your main. 

Stick your bots on proxies or on their own VPS, whatever you prefer, and avoid interacting with your bots in any way and you should be good.  

edit: and please don't listen to whatever says. 

Edited by irwtonrs1

I've transferred from numerous bots I have onto my main. It only got banned for botting fletching. Items/gp remained on the main, everything was on the same IP, etc.

And to be realistic, I'm quite certain that they actually do watch your account.

This is also probably how bot farms get mass banned.

And being that we know nothing of their methods, other than their word and the fact that BOT WORLDS EXIST, it's safest to assume that they do infact watch your other accounts closely after getting banned on the same IP.

45Qj4k9.png

You are free to create as many accounts as you like and you are welcome to trade between your accounts just as you would with any other legitimate player.However, if any of your accounts obtained wealth by rule breaking activity for example macro use (botting) or real world trading (buying gold or items from 3rd parties) then all your accounts will be banned. - Jagex

Source is the runescape rules on their website, under multiple logging-in.

Edit: Not allowed to link ?

Edited by Joster

I've transferred from numerous bots I have onto my main. It only got banned for botting fletching. Items/gp remained on the main, everything was on the same IP, etc.

And to be realistic, I'm quite certain that they actually do watch your account.

This is also probably how bot farms get mass banned.

And being that we know nothing of their methods, other than their word and the fact that BOT WORLDS EXIST, it's safest to assume that they do infact watch your other accounts closely after getting banned on the same IP.

45Qj4k9.png

Yeah bro "bot worlds". The only "bot worlds" that currently exist is world 386 and its not even a "bot world" anymore, its just a normal world. The two "bot worlds" that they added like 2 years ago or whenever it was, was nothing more than a stupid scare tactic for botters, and something for legit players to look at and say "wow jagex is doing something against bots.

And just because you've transferred items from your bots to your main and it didn't get caught does not mean they don't track it...they are able to track it all. Trading, drop trading, duel arena, wilderness. They just look for specific things.

And yeah, they do "watch" your accounts. It's called botwatch and it runs 24/7. 99% of their detection stuff is automated, its the reviewing process and banning which is mostly manual aside from a few certain things. 

If you think they go around saying "Oh, lets add 'dragonkiller32', firelord03', 'xXishouldntbegivingbottingadvivebecauseimaretardedS1Xx' to this list to watch their accounts because there was a ban on this IP" then you don't know what you're talking about.

• Like 2

Personally I've never had my main account banned unless I actually did some form of botting on it. I'll play 2-3 accounts legitimately, and bot 2-3 more on the same computer same IP and the ones I play legitimately have yet to be banned. So I'm not sure if it really matters when it comes to botting/playing legit on the same IP.

Obviously you have very close knowledge of what their methods are and you clearly know far more than everyone else because for some reason Jagex decided to tell you something none of us know. Glad you're sharing your 100% factual knowledge with us, fam.

Definitely done here.

He's right though?