Becoming a Script Writer

Juggles

• 10 months later...

What was the best resource you found to begin learning how to code? I am downloading the "Learn To Code with Java" App as well as I found this on code academy: https://www.codecademy.com/learn/learn-java

Not sure if these are what you used though. Let me know! Always been interested in coding and going to give it a go. @Juggles

Edited by Konchamp

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2016 at 6:06 PM, Juggles said:

I will be keeping track of what I do each day in scripting and how it has improved my Java knowledge.
I hope to one day be able to script flawless bots with many features added. 

*Remember I am starting with no prior Java knowledge. I am also a college student doing 16 credit hours this semester so my progress on here might be slow.*

Day 1 

Hide contents

• Downloaded IntelliJ and watched a few videos on how to write some scripts.
  • Began copying some simple scripts to try and get down how to write them.

Day 2 

Hide contents

• I completed all of CodeAcademy < Java and know understand what basic codes mean like == , || , if else statements, booleans, ! , and many more.
  • I was able to write a script that woodcuts regular trees but does not walk anywhere, it just stays on one tree and drops the logs.

Day 3 

Hide contents

• I downloaded the Learn Java app and have completed the first few assignments.
  • I also ordered the book Head First Java on Amazon and it will be here tomorrow.
  • I was able to expand my scripting abilities slightly by making my woodcutting bot walk to other trees.
  • I was also able to make it chop any kind of tree in the game now like Willows and Oaks.
  • I was able to also do DropAllExcept( *axes here*).
  • I was able to change my code to also include fishing or mining.
  • I was able to get my script to walk to the bank and open the bank but I could not figure out how to deposit all Except.
  • Left my woodcutting bot on all night.
  •  

Day 4 

Hide contents

• My fresh account has been botting woodcutting for 14 hours straight and is level 62. 
  • Learned how to add paint, xp/hour, xp and total time ran. 
  • Banking added to my scripts
  • GUI and Painter added

Day 5 

Hide contents

• GUI made via WindowsBuilderPro
  • Improved woodcutting logic
  • Cleaned up GUI; a lot cleaner now
  • Head First Java book has arrived biggrin.png 
  • Account reached 78 woodcutting in f2p suicide botting until banned. 

Day 6 

Hide contents

• Chapter of Head First Java read. A tad confusing and the end of the chapters problems were very tough. Will have to reread it to understand it better. 

Day 7 

Hide contents

• Script can now woodcut anywhere in Runescape.
  • Supports all trees. 
  • Some areas have banking
  • Script code is a lot more clean now.
  •  Paint has improved a lot

Day 8 

Hide contents

• Started a new project. Spent 4 hours but created a bot that buys and sells items to the general store and world hops flawlessly. 

• Just created two private scripts smile.png Averaging over 200k/hour on both of them no requirements. 
  • Working on adding anti ban to my woodcutter. 
  • Trying to further the range of banking as it only can go to banks that are close to the tree. 
  •  

Day 12

Hide contents

• 6 scripts created
  • 2 private ones sold
  • Spider attacker with eating, teleporting, banking all supported.
  • Private voids now understood
  • Mastered If, Else and how to incorporate them into voids
  • Paint knowledge+ GUI info improved. 

Day 14

Hide contents

• I have now created a total of 8 flawless scripts.
  • I created a private Blast Furnace bot with multiple anti bans and have had it run for 28 hours straight with no ban and some breaks.
  • Woodcutting script is uploading to SND.
  • Creating a Cosmic runner and a private method of 500k/hour for a client that I cannot release as we speak.
  • Private nature runner is also being created for a client. 
  • Have spent around 4-5hours a day for the past 2 weeks scripting and I am finally understanding the knowledge of Java to a better extent. 
  • Learned how to use Widgets appropriately.
  • Trying to switch my scripting method to states now, it mostly consisted of Booleans but that is not beneficial to my knowledge. 

Day 21

Hide contents

• I can pretty much code anything now in RS. I have made combat scripts, multiple skills, mini games, and gold farming scripts. Over 15+ scripts created so far with 20+ hour proggies.

Can you expand on what you learned or add links? currently trying to learn now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I know i'm late but posts like these are why I enjoy online communities. To you, this may have been a fun side thing; to us (me) this was the muse, guidance and motivation I needed. I appreciate your work and efforts, thank you for everything you've done up until now my friend! 

Cheers and here's to a prosperous future for you 🕵️‍♂️