Becoming a Script Writer

Juggles

Wow good progress man. I'm taking my first java course this quarter. I was going to use code academy to get a head start since I have only used c++ to program. I would like to start scripting for runescape so I have a couple of questions.

1.You seem to have really fast progress: What were the best tutorials you found and can you link them?

2.How helpful was code acedemy? Did you have any prior knowledge of programming?

3.What were some of the roadblocks you faced while scripting?

4. What scripts can you run outside of Runescape? Are they useful?

5.What do you know now that you wished you knew when starting?

Wow good progress man. I'm taking my first java course this quarter. I was going to use code academy to get a head start since I have only used c++ to program. I would like to start scripting for runescape so I have a couple of questions.

1.You seem to have really fast progress: What were the best tutorials you found and can you link them?

2.How helpful was code acedemy? Did you have any prior knowledge of programming?

1) Code Academy and Head First Java book

2) It was helpful bc it teaches you the basics. You can build from there. No i did not

3) Trying to learn the lingo and how to properly code things as opposed to just putting random codes in

4) I dont script anything outside of runescape

5) How to code in  states.  I used to code in a linear fashion and thats not good.

• Like 2

Can you explain states vs linear code?

Do you plan to code/script outside of runescape?

Since you are done with code academy what else are you using for learning material?

Can you explain states vs linear code?

Do you plan to code/script outside of runescape?

Since you are done with code academy what else are you using for learning material?

Lineair means working without states and just programming everything with if/elses, states is just a cleaner solution for those if/elses

• 2 weeks later...