Checking distance between two positions?

Salty as fuck

position.distance() will not work properly if you want accurate long distance checks because that's just an application of Pythagora's algorithm and does not take into account plane difference, links or obstacles at all.

map.realDistance(Position position) should take into consideration all the above situations. You could also try walking.webWalk(Position... positions) as that walks to the closest of the given positions since you mentioned you only want to walk. 

• Like 1

position.distance() will not work properly if you want accurate long distance checks because that's just an application of Pythagora's algorithm and does not take into account plane difference, links or obstacles at all.

map.realDistance(Position position) should take into consideration all the above situations. You could also try walking.webWalk(Position... positions) as that walks to the closest of the given positions since you mentioned you only want to walk. 

However realdistance seems to be off a lot.

I tried using it to find the real closest goblin (like one next to you but behind the fence would actually be further away to run to it)

However it mostly doesn't seem to actually pick the closest one, it looked fairly random

However realdistance seems to be off a lot.

I tried using it to find the real closest goblin (like one next to you but behind the fence would actually be further away to run to it)

However it mostly doesn't seem to actually pick the closest one, it looked fairly random

It seems to be working fine for me but I haven't tested it much. If you don't trust OSBot's realDistance() method you can try implementing A* with collision flags and getting the length of the path and you should get the same result.