How often Monster indexes change

anderiel

So i was using monster indexes for my ranger script to locate the monsters it could safespot, but today i found out that after game update the indexes are different. 

Do they change every update? Or less often?

Less often. If you use names instead of ID's you'll see your script work past id changes

• Like 1

I beg to differ. I used ID's for my garden scripts (until very recently, not pushed the update yet) and they have stayed constent including this update.

Well it's bin like this for a long long time ... entity id's can change every update. Not always, but it can occur..

That's why you should use names, models =)

It's not fun to update your script every thursday after the update ... also your users will have to wait until the script is pushed to the SDN :(, but hey.. it's your choice <3

Khaleesi

• Like 1

Well it's bin like this for a long long time ... entity id's can change every update. Not always, but it can occur..

That's why you should use names, models =)

It's not fun to update your script every thursday after the update ... also your users will have to wait until the script is pushed to the SDN sad.png, but hey.. it's your choice QwPha8E.png

Khaleesi

Yeah, exactly why I've decided to make the update. It was a little difficult at first so I put it off, since all the NPCs share the same name. But I've collected enough data to be able to map them out quite easily now.

• Like 1

Monster index is different every time it respawns. It indicates the index that this monster has in the world.

The index is useful for tracking specific NPCs if they're unloaded/reloaded.

I think what you're looking for is getId and not getIndex.

I'm pretty sure that getIndex does not change after i kill the monster and it respawns.

And as for the use name or character model suggestions, well thing is i need to pick like 3 out of 5 monsters of the same name and same model, because i know that these three can be safespotted.

Well i guess i will have to take a different approach.

I'm pretty sure that getIndex does not change after i kill the monster and it respawns.

And as for the use name or character model suggestions, well thing is i need to pick like 3 out of 5 monsters of the same name and same model, because i know that these three can be safespotted.

Well i guess i will have to take a different approach.

Is it not possible to map out the areas in which those NPC's are attackable?