OSRS HD Petition

danspazy2

https://www.change.org/p/release-osrs-hd

Since OSRS was born out of the supports from a site made from Change.Org
I decided to make a petition from this site.

A petition supporting the development of HD Graphics and adding them as an OPTIONS to Old School RuneScape. It would essentially be the game as it was in 2008, and those who choose to play on standard Old School definition can choose to do so and if HD is too much for your computer. But for those of us who do want an HD graphics can use it.

A lot of players including myself, moved into Old School because of the simple fact that it didn't have Evolution of Combat. HD graphics when it was release was a positive thing to a lot of players and it also brought in new members into the game.

Other than making the game more visually appealing, this offers no advantages to players who use HD or SD. 2008 in my opinion, stayed true to the 2007 styling, but just enhancing the existing models.

The HD graphics will attracts new players coming into RuneScape. With the current graphics it has, there is no doubt that so many new people get automatically turned off by it. Anybody brand new to RuneScape will more than likely see RuneScape 3 as it is visually more appealing than Old School. They wouldn't even try Old School after experiencing how bad RuneScape 3 is. This will turn Old School into a slowly dying community.

This would change that! With HD graphics, the game would be visually appealing enough to likely bring in new players as well as satisfying existing players who would love to play Old School with 2008 Graphics. If it is an optional thing? Why does it hurt?

I refuse to believe that Jagex doesn't have a saved files somewhere for one of the biggest if not, the biggest update in RuneScape history.

• 2 weeks later...