Concerns About the Script Market

Kalispel

Hello, I'm somewhat new to the (osbot) botting community. I have taken a recent interest in Java as I have worked on a couple of private servers and am now moving towards scripting bots on this community. One doubt I have is the future of my scripts and their popularity amongst the many other scripts.

I have witnessed the pacification of many lesser known scripters. This isn't because of the efficiency or the functionality of their scripts, but rather the lack of idolization surrounding them and their brand as a developer. An example of this is czar's soon to be released firemaking script. A friend of mine, Rudie, currently has the firemaking market held down with his script multifire. I myself have tested his script and it is as efficient as I think possible, all of the locations are there and everything that is needed for a perfect firemaking script is there. My point isn't to try to glorify or promote his script, as there are plenty great scripts out there, but help people understand that there is more than just the top scripters. I'm sure people understand this, but as I have seen on czar's new firemaking thread (that hasn't even been released yet) there are people saying they have been waiting for something so good for a long time and that they will buy it for sure. Rudie has informed me that czar will probably take the market and his script will become more obsolete to the community. 

I'm not trying to rip on any of the top scripters or anything, because they have worked hard for where they are and the success of their scripts. But my question is, is it even worth trying to make and sell scripts? Is the market too far gone and too competitive?

I hope this wasn't too big of a rant and you understand my concern.

this is the reason I only have 4 scripts, not 100 - If i see a script which has already been made and does the job well, I DON'T make another branded version of it. Obviously though, some people do ^^ - sucks, but it's the way it is. The real problem is the lack of script ideas which haven't already been made.

• Like 1

this is the reason I only have 4 scripts, not 100 - If i see a script which has already been made and does the job well, I DON'T make another branded version of it. Obviously though, some people do ^^ - sucks, but it's the way it is. The real problem is the lack of script ideas which haven't already been made.

Hm. so are you suggesting that scrpit uniqueness is a good way to be successful? and at the same time not steal someone elses market? 

I have felt a little daunted by the number of scripts and feel like it is hard to find something that hasn't been published yet. 

Hm. so are you suggesting that scrpit uniqueness is a good way to be successful? and at the same time not steal someone elses market? 

I have felt a little daunted by the number of scripts and feel like it is hard to find something that hasn't been published yet.

Personally the more unique the better. Unless you are one of the first script to in your category. People aim for more of the basic scripts. For example fletching. But nobody does farming. Everybody does woodcutting but nobody does fire making.

I have a woodcutting with a fletcher, but no body does that. I was the first

it would be nice if they removed the restriction from the premium script rules, then you'd probably see some crazy shit(good shit) being released on the store.

What are the rules? And I feel like the whole idea of the price having to be the same doesn't allow a lot of variety in terms of scripts that might specify in different areas. (I.E. a rooftop agility script for like 4.99 opposed to an AIO for 6.99)

Personally the more unique the better. Unless you are one of the first script to in your category. People aim for more of the basic scripts. For example fletching. But nobody does farming. Everybody does woodcutting but nobody does fire making.

I have a woodcutting with a fletcher, but no body does that. I was the first

That's interesting. It opens my eyes to the fact that the possibilities are there, just farther away. Maybe I'm focusing too much on the clutter of simple scripts and I am using my laziness for the blame of my complaints. 

Edited by Dora

What are the rules? And I feel like the whole idea of the price having to be the same doesn't allow a lot of variety in terms of scripts that might specify in different areas. (I.E. a rooftop agility script for like 4.99 opposed to an AIO for 6.99)

That's interesting. It opens my eyes to the fact that the possibilities are there, just farther away. Maybe I'm focusing too much on the clutter simple scripts and I am using my laziness for the blame of my complaints. 

Below is a list of premium scripts you are not allowed to release at all:

-Looters (eg power fish collector, white berries, wine grabbers)

-Store buyers (eg karambwan, climbing boots)

-Simple magic casting (teleporting, alching, stunning)

-Merchers

-Dueling scripts (eg stats look-up, staking, pking, combat helpers)

Below is a list of scripts not permitted on the SDN:

-Free AIO resource scripts (eg woodcutting, fishing, mining)

I personally would love to make a pking script, or mercher, but If I can't release it to store Its not worth my time.

Below is a list of premium scripts you are not allowed to release at all:

-Looters (eg power fish collector, white berries, wine grabbers)

-Store buyers (eg karambwan, climbing boots)

-Simple magic casting (teleporting, alching, stunning)

-Merchers

-Dueling scripts (eg stats look-up, staking, pking, combat helpers)

Below is a list of scripts not permitted on the SDN:

-Free AIO resource scripts (eg woodcutting, fishing, mining)

I personally would love to make a pking script, or mercher, but If I can't release it to store Its not worth my time.

Is there a reason for this?! Seems ridiculous as it only adds un-needed constraints. If they're worried about these scripts becoming too common they already have that problem at hand...

However, the Free AIO resource scripts rule I understand.

Edited by Dora
  • Like 1

Hello, I'm somewhat new to the (osbot) botting community. I have taken a recent interest in Java as I have worked on a couple of private servers and am now moving towards scripting bots on this community. One doubt I have is the future of my scripts and their popularity amongst the many other scripts.

I have witnessed the pacification of many lesser known scripters. This isn't because of the efficiency or the functionality of their scripts, but rather the lack of idolization surrounding them and their brand as a developer. An example of this is czar's soon to be released firemaking script. A friend of mine, Rudie, currently has the firemaking market held down with his script multifire. I myself have tested his script and it is as efficient as I think possible, all of the locations are there and everything that is needed for a perfect firemaking script is there. My point isn't to try to glorify or promote his script, as there are plenty great scripts out there, but help people understand that there is more than just the top scripters. I'm sure people understand this, but as I have seen on czar's new firemaking thread (that hasn't even been released yet) there are people saying they have been waiting for something so good for a long time and that they will buy it for sure. Rudie has informed me that czar will probably take the market and his script will become more obsolete to the community. 

I'm not trying to rip on any of the top scripters or anything, because they have worked hard for where they are and the success of their scripts. But my question is, is it even worth trying to make and sell scripts? Is the market too far gone and too competitive?

I hope this wasn't too big of a rant and you understand my concern.

Make something good and creative (not just the 100th fishing script or something) and you got yourself a brand, if you want i can pass you some of my ideas.